Kanye to The banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26,883 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sure all these next-gen shooters look splendid by making use of that hardware boost, but what bugs me the most is that they still play like last-gen. Same old stiff aiming and movement of the camera/gun. Wii/Move pointing made gameplay more dynamic and more immersive. That was a step forward for shooters. And it leaned closer to PC mouse controls.

I know some of you might say that it can get exhausting always holding up your arm to play, but I see that as something positive because it should force me to take a break from playing. I felt like a complete slob sitting on the couch playing COD on PS3 for a couple of hours.

Move is probably going to be under-supported again, especially now since developers will focus on the new DualShock, and Microsoft probably won't release an accessory that would enable pointing control. Nintendo went back to dual analog control with the fucking useless GamePad. Big opportunity missed from all three.

With pointing controls, the way your gun moves in these next-gen games will make them look more visually appealing as a whole.

Agree or disagree?

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
I like it, but I don't think the Wii controls even have enough buttons to do this properly. Pretty sure Move can though.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
ShaneBolts said:
about Wii, developers have found ways to work around that, but yeah technically it does lack inputs if you compare them to traditional controllers.

But do you prefer these aiming controls over dual analog?
Potential is there imo, but I'm not sure it'll ever happen. Few devs have really shown interest in doing shit with motion control.

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
Initially wii cod. 5 was online was the hit, but got stupid and annoying very fast cus th controls were so frustrating so naaw

·
Banned
44,666 Posts
using the Move might be alright. the WiiMote's accuracy fucking sucked.

i think i'd rather stick to the controller tho.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts