Kanye to The banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Read Only
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(yes its long. but its worth the read. I'm trying to get some thought and hope back on KTT)

Alright. I've been compelled to write this for a while. Last night, I found the album on iTunes, excitedly posted the tracklist, and waited for reactions. But when I stopped and actually looked at the list and thought...the disappointment started to sink in. Why would Kanye release Monster, So Appalled, and Devil in a New Dress ahead of time, along with two other singles, and then put them on an eleven track (not counting bonus, which we've ALSO heard from kanye) record?

Where is Chain Heavy? One of the most anticipated Kanye tracks for this cd! Why on EARTH would it get scrapped when So Appalled is on the album? That makes zero sense to us here on KTT.

Where is Mama's Boyfriend? Arguably the most lyrical we've heard Kanye...ever. The sample was gonna be fuckin dope. I was so stoked after seeing that Rosewood performance he did with John Legend of this song. Man, classic in the making.

And also...where are some of the other tracks?
Sweat on my Face?
The Joy?
That's My Bitch?

We thought we had this all figured out! But I guess not. The sad thing is...we know how excited Kanye is for this cd. He put his LIFE into making this, he stays up late to deliver new music to us every week, he made a MOVIE for us...and we are all pissed off as fuck at him. Rightfully so, because the tracklist has puzzled damn near everybody...but I can't help feel bad for Kanye! All the excitement we had for this album, or a ton of it, has just disappeared in the last 12 hours. KTT was buzzing with excitement! Now, we're all sad, angry, and confused.

This isn't the Kanye we know. His past albums and this one just don't match up correctly. HE doesn't match up to this decision. So here's the lowdown. It's really hard for me to try and make myself believe this, but I'm going to.

I believe that Chain Heavy will find its way on the cd. I also think Mama's Boyfriend, as amazing as it is, should have been a bonus on the cd, because it really is very different from a lot of what we know about the album, subject matter wise and such. So I hope it finds its way on there too. I also belive that there will be more tracks on this cd. This is supposed to be Kanye's magnum opus. He wouldn't do this. Or at least, we, as his hugest fans, hope not.

Let's have faith until we hear from the man himself.

·
Registered
4,623 Posts
ryno said:
damnit i quickly typed this haha. Where is it?
haha like opening line after the parenthesis statement up top...and that was just to be a dick because I thought whatever you were going to write was bashing everyone hating the tracklist but now I see that's not the case. I actually agree with you that these tracks need to find their way onto the album

·
Registered
3,422 Posts
well yall know in the end thats my bitch mamas boyfriend and chain heavy and all the rest will get leaked but i agree it would have made the album 10000000% better

·
Read Only
5,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Conye West said:
haha like opening line after the parenthesis statement up top...and that was just to be a dick because I thought whatever you were going to write was bashing everyone hating the tracklist but now I see that's not the case. I actually agree with you that these tracks need to find their way onto the album
nah man not at all. I'm trying to help KTT get out of it's huge depression it's suffering from at the moment. haha

·
Registered
25,033 Posts
I was beyond confused when I saw the tracklist last night. For months, we've been hearing from all these different sources that this album would be an absolute masterpiece and trumped all of Kanye's past work by miles. If nothing changes, it's currently looking like we're getting a high-quality mixtape that we've already heard half of.

·
Premium Member
6,154 Posts
I guess so. Think about all the free music he's given us so far though this year, and theres still WTT to come !!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.