Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might b a little bit of a long read.

Okay so my boy came back from his Bootcamp from USMC a few days ago.

He looks so much better (pause) and it seems like his mind is made up and that decision is starting to pay off and shit like that.

A few months ago I was going to join him with my best friend, we all grew up together. But I decided it wasn't for me and my best friend doesn't leave til October.

So a few months pass for me and life been straight but kinda difficult. It feels like I been doing things w nothing to show for it ya know?

My goal in life is to do something with fashion/ style (clichè I know), but that's what I'm passionate about, I that from around 13-14.

However the same recruiter that talked to me a few months ago said I can leave with my bestfriend if I decide by Wednesday.

So basically I'm at crossroads in life right now.. I know I could make my dreams reality but who knows how long that might take, or if it'll ever pay off.

Or do I take the secure road and serve in USMC for the next for years? I know my heart isn't in it but he benefits would help.

Thanks if u actually read, help me out guise. Any advice is appreciated.

·
Premium Member
9,203 Posts
Imo
You shouldn't do it just because your friend is doing it. You should do it if you truly feel the military is the right decision for you.

Did you just graduate HS?

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.Geo said:
Imo
You shouldn't do it just because your friend is doing it. You should do it if you truly feel the military is the right decision for you.

Did you just graduate HS?
Two years ago, just been working.

·
Premium Member
9,203 Posts
MalikMars said:
Two years ago, just been working.
I mean you still young dude. Are you putting any moves towards fashion? You have to be honest with yourself I guess. In 4 yrs do you see yourself closer to a career related in fashion.

I do understand the benefits you receive from the marines so I get why you would like to go towards that and your friend being there will be easier.

·
Registered
13,991 Posts
Join the military. Your heart may not be with it initially but when you have something to protect (and trust me, you'll find yours) that's when you'll really grow internally and want to get out there.

Besides its only 4 years. Wrap that up and an entire world of opportunity will open up to you. Employers love a military person.

·
Registered
23,241 Posts
Follow your dreams *****.

The military aint for everybody especially if you don't actually want to do it. Eventually you'll learn that you gotta make your own life decisions and decide what's going to make you happy in the long run. You can't follow around your friends forever.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
CurlyZ said:
Follow your dreams *****.

The military aint for everybody especially if you don't actually want to do it. Eventually you'll learn that you gotta make your own life decisions and decide what's going to make you happy in the long run. You can't follow around your friends forever.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
.Geo said:
I mean you still young dude. Are you putting any moves towards fashion? You have to be honest with yourself I guess. In 4 yrs do you see yourself closer to a career related in fashion.

I do understand the benefits you receive from the marines so I get why you would like to go towards that and your friend being there will be easier.
I teach myself about it and shop a lot, and just try to meet people w the same interests as me to learn more.

And yeah definitely.

·
Registered
23,241 Posts
If I followed all my friends around, I wouldn't be in a good place at all. Only one of them is actually doing well. The others are dropouts working dead snd jobs trying to get their own pipe dreams off the ground and failing. Some of them are working minimum wage job trying to support their young families after they got their girlfriend pregnant. You gotta follow your dreams and stay focused on that shit.

Btw just about all of them said they were going into the Marines after high school. Not because they wanted to, but because they didn't know what they wanted to do and because of the benefits. 0 of them made it through. Everything takes passion.

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
MalikMars said:

He looks so much better (pause) and it seems like his mind is made up and that decision is starting to pay off and shit like that.

A few months ago I was going to join him with my best friend, we all grew up together. But I decided it wasn't for me and my best friend doesn't leave til October.

So a few months pass for me and life been straight but kinda difficult. It feels like I been doing things w nothing to show for it ya know?

My goal in life is to do something with fashion/ style (clichè I know), but that's what I'm passionate about, I that from around 13-14.

However the same recruiter that talked to me a few months ago said I can leave with my bestfriend if I decide by Wednesday.

So basically I'm at crossroads in life right now.. I know I could make my dreams reality but who knows how long that might take, or if it'll ever pay off.

Or do I take the secure road and serve in USMC for the next for years? I know my heart isn't in it but he benefits would help.

Stick with fashion op, it's gonna be so satisfying when you're reflecting on life and remember how you got your success and happiness because you believed in yourself and stayed true to what you wanted.

I wasn't gonna post anything itt that would really change your life but I honestly relate alot to this. I've been trying to get into fashion since I finished high school a few years ago and my friends actually almost convinced me to join the marines with them when they graduated but I decided last minute to do what I actually wanted, I don't think the military accepts dropouts either way but anyways I may not have any huge awards or big checks of money coming in to show off for it but I can honestly say I've had a happy humble last few years :hat:.

You could make great things, you never know.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
CurlyZ said:
If I followed all my friends around, I wouldn't be in a good place at all. Only one of them is actually doing well. The others are dropouts working dead snd jobs trying to get their own pipe dreams off the ground and failing. Some of them are working minimum wage job trying to support their young families after they got their girlfriend pregnant. You gotta follow your dreams and stay focused on that shit.

Btw just about all of them said they were going into the Marines after high school. Not because they wanted to, but because they didn't know what they wanted to do and because of the benefits. 0 of them made it through. Everything takes passion.
Yeah that's the main thing. I'm passionate abt fashion.

·
Premium Member
9,203 Posts
MalikMars said:
I teach myself about it and shop a lot, and just try to meet people w the same interests as me to learn more.

And yeah definitely.
Yea man listen to what curlyz said. Focus on your goals bro. Sometimes friends are like seasons which is sad but is also kinda true, they could be cool and fun people to be around

But if they aren't really grinding or following their dreams than yea it's cool to be around them for a bit BUT I know that I need to find people who will help get to where I want to go.

You are young but also realize that you won't always be this young so follow your dreams rn because once you are older it's way harder to do it.

·
Premium Member
68,701 Posts
MalikMars said:

i say go for your dreams man.

the struggle makes you appreciate being at the top more.

get a job to sustain yourself and just go full throttle for your dreams.

money and shit is cool but you dont wanna be 80 and sitting on the porch or on your death bed like "what if"

1 - 20 of 45 Posts