• All of the Lights

Votes: 11 22.0%
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's just have a discussion on these 3 songs. Some questions I want to pose:

1. Are there any parallels that exist with the 3?

2. Does the term "light" take on a different meaning with each song?

3. What is the symbolism of "lights"?

·
Premium Member
1,209 Posts
3. in streetlights, it seems that the streetlights, glowing, happen to be just like moments, passing, in front of him

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
These are some tough questions.Will need full All of the Lights to be able to answer this.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
in flashing lights it seems that he recalls she likes to show off, but he never knew she would take it this far. but hey, what do i know?

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Great thread.

Well, I am pressed for time, and maybe I am wrong, especially on AOTL cause I haven't heard it enough but...

Flashing Lights = paparazzi, negative, media twisting, etc.
Street Lights = Due to heartbreak and the flashing lights, Ye's journey to find himself
All of the Lights = A celebration of Ye simply...not really giving a shit because he knows he is a spectacle for the ages?

EDIT: All three songs are great, haven't let AOTL sink in yet, but Flashing Lights and Street Lights are top quality Ye.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
BizRowN said:
3. in streetlights, it seems that the streetlights, glowing, happen to be just like moments, passing, in front of him
lol, even though i was trying to have a serious discussion, i admit this was funny.

·
Registered
5,232 Posts
Have you ever noticed in a car that streetlights actually do pass my super quick, just like moments? Esp on the highway where there are tons of them, and they keep coming up to you and just as you see them, they're gone, just like moments. That's street lights to me. Flashing lights is all the cameras and paparazzi, I think, and idk bout AOTL yet

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
Timesitheus said:
Great thread.

Well, I am pressed for time, and maybe I am wrong, especially on AOTL cause I haven't heard it enough but...

Flashing Lights = paparazzi, negative, media twisting, etc.
Street Lights = Due to heartbreak and the flashing lights, Ye's journey to find himself
All of the Lights = A celebration of Ye simply...not really giving a shit because he knows he is a spectacle for the ages?
I agree on the first 2 but not sure about All of the Lights mainly because we havent heard the full thing and he mentions a daughter and all of that other stuff.I think so far (from what we've heard) it's talking about him not wanting to see the people he loves the most(daughter) have to go through what he's gone through or be pressured by the life that comes with Hollywood or growing up in the Ghetto.

·
Registered
9,031 Posts
I can't really decide because we haven't heard the final version for All Of The Lights. But as of now Flashing Lights.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
in all of the lights is kanye saying that he beat some girl cuz he says " i had to take her to that ghetto university" then he says "cop lights..." so it's almost like he's saying he had to go ghetto on some girl and then got arrested and restraining orders and stuff

1 - 20 of 34 Posts