Kanye to The banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
50,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

Well it's technically not flash player. As some or most know Apple and Adobe’s Flash aren’t BFFs. Apple has made it pretty clear before they wouldn’t not allow Flash on any iOS device. SkyFire goes around these restrictions to allow Flash content to be downloaded to their servers, then “translates” and renders the video into HTML5, which is supported by all iOS devices…

SkyFire won’t work with every site though. For example, it will not be able to convert Hulu videos, or Flash games. Everything else should be a go.

The app will be available for download on Thursday morning for $2.99.​
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,109 Posts
Shy said:
Fuck Apple. This is the only major thorn in their foot but it's pretty damn big.
flash no longer that important anymore and will soon be dead. most sites either have an app or an html5 video version for all their videos. I dont understand the need for flash its a power hog and drains your battery
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
53,595 Posts
jreed91 said:
flash no longer that important anymore and will soon be dead. most sites either have an app or an html5 video version for all their videos. I dont understand the need for flash its a power hog and drains your battery
Link to these sites that have an app or html5 video version?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
53,595 Posts
jreed91 said:
you want a link to every site that has an app or html5? that list would take forever
Nah, just give me about 5. I will check them out on my iTouch for video functionality.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,109 Posts
Shy said:
Nah, just give me about 5. I will check them out on my iTouch for video functionality.
you gotta be kidding. well try the facebook app any video posted from your friend is html5 and can be viewed on your i device.
most youtube videos.
videos on espn.com.
cnn app.
abc app.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
53,595 Posts
jreed91 said:
you gotta be kidding. well try the facebook app any video posted from your friend is html5 and can be viewed on your i device.
most youtube videos.
videos on espn.com.
cnn app.
abc app.
You have your sites like newgrounds, collegehumor, veoh, vimeo, that won't work. I go to different sites of flash animators who use Flash on their videos on their websites. It shouldn't just be the popular ones.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,109 Posts
Shy said:
You have your sites like newgrounds, collegehumor, veoh, vimeo, that won't work. I go to different sites of flash animators who use Flash on their videos on their websites. It shouldn't just be the popular ones.
this makes no sense if its a site with flash of course it wont work the videos have to be html5. maybe you should read up on that. and vimeo does have some html5 videos they are slowly rolling it out. collegehumor does work. dont know about the others
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
53,595 Posts
jreed91 said:
this makes no sense if its a site with flash of course it wont work the videos have to be html5. maybe you should read up on that. and vimeo does have some html5 videos they are slowly rolling it out. collegehumor does work. dont know about the others
Most sites use Flash. Especially the non-commercial ones.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
228 Posts
Shy said:
You have your sites like newgrounds, collegehumor, veoh, vimeo, that won't work. I go to different sites of flash animators who use Flash on their videos on their websites. It shouldn't just be the popular ones.
aside from newgrounds and similar providers whose main content is mostly flash animation/games, they'll be converting to HTML5. Guaranteed.

Developers hate coding the same app in different iterations. HTML5 will remove that obstacle for the most part.  The moneymaker for companies in HTML5 is allowing viewers access to their video and web content on any medium (scalability that Flash doesn't provide). Having it work "right away" vs installing a 3rd party plugin (Flash) is a no-brainer.

Flash won't die, but it will become alot less popular, unless they do something crazy innovative again.
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top