Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hurt Me Soul, because it was the first song I ever heard from Lupe. it was amazing. I didnt understand it then, but it was definitely the day I chose him as the best.

·
Registered
10,095 Posts
I have a bunch but probably beautiful lasers by default just because I wanted that song for ever and when I finally heard it, it had to be my favorite lol. But also Sunshine, Intruder Alert and also Hello/goodbye because it was the 1st song I heard from lupe.

·
Registered
534 Posts
i Used to think if i listened to music i would be sinning and thus go to hell, But that was two years ago when i was like 12. Anyways, words i never said is my favourite because that changed my life style in so many ways. For one i used to never do anything creative now i wright all the time, the song gave me a vent for my frustrations. I was left alone alot, and was addicted to diet soda, ive become more aware of my eating habits since.

Other than that my favourite song is hurt me soul

E

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
umm to many tracks tbh.

I could explain them and why but that's for a different day. :work:

·
Registered
534 Posts
Constantine said:
Changes every week or so lol
i bump changes alot to. But its not a lupe song :oblivious:

·
Premium Member
8,611 Posts
Doom said:
1 - The Instrumental (Lupe/Matranga) (Food & Liquor)
[youtube=220,25]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsZUSP1p20s[/youtube]
You remember how I said Hurt Me Soul doesn't relate to me personally, so I dont rank it that high? That exact reason is why The Instrumental is my favorite Lupe song. Quick story about me;

When I was a sophomore in HS I caught mono, which evolved into a disease called Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. I took off from school for 3 weeks and my doctor sent me back on half days. unfortunately, my private school had a pretty strict rotation of classes that made it impossible to get the same classes every day. I'd get a couple classes every day, and then I'd be getting the rest of them 2 or 3 times a week, basically putting me further behind in most of my classes. To make matters worse, 2 of those classes were Latin and Religion, two classes I would never make use of in my life. After a couple months of going on a retarded half day schedule, my mom pulled me from the school because of how little they cared about making sure I was on a schedule that made sense. I'm 19 now and still haven't gone back to school.

Because of that, I've spent a far-more-than-healthy amount of time on the internet in those 3 years. In a sense, my life's been controlled by internet, video games, and TV, aka "the box", for those 3 years. So teh song's always struck a serious chord with me. The odd thing is though I can relate to all 3 verses, as opposed to just one. It's such a weird situation and it's always kinda scared me just how well this song's encompassed my recent lifestyle.

Outside of personal meaning though, I do think it's a great track musically, and the way Lupe flipped the two main verses is incredible to me. I know it seems simple and all, but I think it's a pretty tough thing to do while still making the verses their own verse with their own separate meanings.

·
Registered
1,611 Posts
Lately, after having seen Lupe live for a second time... gotta say Daydreamin.
Lupe just gets SO HYPE when he performs it. His energy is infectious, its so fun to be a part of at a concert.
And dat storytelling :datass:
If i had to commit to 1 song on repeat, forever. Daydreamin would be it.
Dumb it Down and Put You on Game as runners up. Dat lyricism :datass:

·
Banned
3,120 Posts
since it came out, I've been jamming American Terrorist III non-stop but favorite of all time would be Put You On Game. It use to be Hurt Me Soul but I did so many english projects on that song that I got sick of it lol.

·
Registered
10,908 Posts
Just thinking of what I used to love before I really got into hip hop (over past 2/3 years or so) always been a Lupe fan though, so checked my old lappy to see what the iTunes playcounts were like, was pleasantly surprised that Lupe was one of my most played back then too without noticing it!

Top 2 songs that I loved back then and still love today are Daydreamin' & The Instrumental. The lyricism, the beats, the flow etc of those two are just brilliant. I still get hyped listening to "AS I SPY FROM BEHIND MY GIANT ROBOT'S EYES"

·
Registered
4,683 Posts
inshaAllah said:
i Used to think if i listened to music i would be sinning and thus go to hell, But that was two years ago when i was like 12. Anyways, words i never said is my favourite because that changed my life style in so many ways. For one i used to never do anything creative now i wright all the time, the song gave me a vent for my frustrations. I was left alone alot, and was addicted to diet soda, ive become more aware of my eating habits since.

Other than that my favourite song is hurt me soul
You're 14?

My favourite: American Terrorist, it'll probably change doe

1 - 20 of 42 Posts