Kanye to The banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been a big fan of Lupe for the past half year now, and have heard all of his albums now.

Heard he has some really good mixtapes, which one should I start with?

·
Registered
12,113 Posts
revenge of the nerds is generally said to be his best mixtape

truth is among us is his first mixtape. it's dope too.

a rhyming ape is lupe rapping over Gorillaz instrumentals. it's like 20 mins long if that

enemy of the state = him rapping over popular beats from like 2009 and around there. it's bars on bars on bars on bars. also pretty short

friend of the people = experimental mixtape with lupe rapping over electronic insturmentals, dubstep, progressive rock or some shit

pharaoh height - lupe rapping over flying lotus, dilla, soulful shit. bars on bars on bars, also short

tl;dr you can't go wrong with any of em, start with Revenge of the Nerds tho

·
Registered
14,163 Posts
CT said:

a rhyming ape is lupe rapping over Gorillaz instrumentals. it's like 20 mins long if that

enemy of the state = him rapping over popular beats from like 2009 and around there. it's bars on bars on bars on bars. also pretty short

friend of the people = experimental mixtape with lupe rapping over electronic insturmentals, dubstep, progressive rock or some shit

pharaoh height - lupe rapping over flying lotus, dilla, soulful shit. bars on bars on bars, also short

/thread

·
Registered
8,367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
CT said:

Thanks! :hhh:

·
Premium Member
45,036 Posts
rotn & eots

·
Banned
39,383 Posts
CT said:

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
revenge of the nerds is his best but enemy of the state is my favorite. partial nostalgia bias in that decision though.

·
Registered
23,388 Posts
Man report back after you hear Revenge of the Nerds and EOTS :hhh:

Boy goes crazy and has that classic Lupe charisma

·
Registered
6,062 Posts
his mixtapes are all great and all have good tracks on em but the one i play most all the way through has to be enemy of the states, it's short to the point fast paced, good for a work out in general.

G

·
I suggest you get in to his ''Street shit'' ''Madison Ave Carrera Lu with the Range''

Lupe the Jedi is a good start then the Fahrenheit series.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts