Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's Halloween season, so lets share our favs.

I like old school horror a lot better than some of todays, tough choice, but I'm gonna go with the original Halloween.

·
0 Posts
Probably Sixth Sense...it was the first movie I was ever truly afraid of. That ghost shit had a bitch sleeping with the lights on.

And The Strangers...I liked it, and was scared shitless all at the same time because it was so eerie and so realistic. No music, no frills...it just seemed like some shit that could happen to you.

And The Hills Have Eyes...not the original, but the first of the remakes. So fucking good. And creepy. And brilliant and chaotic. I loved it.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
LeRollingStoner said:
Probably Sixth Sense...it was the first movie I was ever truly afraid of. That ghost shit had a bitch sleeping with the lights on.

And The Strangers...I liked it, and was scared shitless all at the same time because it was so eerie and so realistic. No music, no frills...it just seemed like some shit that could happen to you.

And The Hills Have Eyes...not the original, but the first of the remakes. So fucking good. And creepy. And brilliant and chaotic. I loved it.
Love your choices man, haha, greaaaaaat movies, the sixth sense reaaally messed with me.

·
Premium Member
116,472 Posts

·
Premium Member
116,472 Posts
i will go w/ Psycho.

not necessarily a horror flick.. but definitely had me go  :wom:

·
Registered
32,637 Posts
LeRollingStoner said:

i would like to second this list. and add The Exorcist (original one)

·
Registered
190 Posts
LeRollingStoner said:

Oh man, The Sixth Sense was also the first movie I was ever truly afraid of too. lol I remember I was like 9 and my cousins had rented it and I saw it. It creeped me the fuck out! lol I saw some commentary on it as well, I think on TV or something and they were talking about how whenever they would show something red or whenever it was real cold there would be a ghost around in the movie and the few nights after I saw the movie I would be creeped the fuck out when it was cold in my house while I was sleeping. lol

·
Registered
44,262 Posts
The Sixth Sense ^^^ Oh man, the memories. I remember watching it and sleeping with the lights on for two weeks. Hell, I even said prayers for the ghosts not to get me. And I was also terrified of tents after that. lol

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
original Halloween

i hate all of the new horror movies, they're either remakes of  foreign horror movies, or remakes of old american horror movies. WHERE IS THE CREATIVITY???

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Mr. Petty Jones said:
original Halloween

i hate all of the new horror movies, they're either remakes of  foreign horror movies, or remakes of old american horror movies. WHERE IS THE CREATIVITY???

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
I'll do modern ones rather than the obvious classics:

The Ring - Saw this when I was like 11 and it creeped me the fuck out. I think I've seen it like 30 some times though since then.  One of the best horror movies in America in the 2000's in my opinion. Yes, I know it's a remake but it was made very well and in my opinion it stands on it's own from the Japanese version.  I also respect that it doesn't rely on gore or cheesy shit for it's scares and I was on the edge of my seat like the whole time. Fuck it, now I wanna watch it again soon...

The Descent - Also one of the best newer horror movies...It plays on so many fears that alot of people have. Fear of the dark (being unable to see around you in the cave), fear of not being alone (one of the girls swears she sees things in the cave but nobody believes her), Claustrophobia (the tunnel scene is one of the most tense scenes in any horror movie imo), not being able to trust the people you need to rely on for survival, and there are many more.  Overall this is a great modern horror movie.

Paranormal Activity: The cheapest horror film I've seen in a long time.  No it doesn't use gore to scare the audience. No it doesn't have much special effects. No it doesn't have much production value. Yes it is a very creative movie that made a shitload of money from a clever marketing scheme.  Some people love it, some people hate it.  It's one of the most creative horror movies to come out recently and mainly because it scared the shit out of people without having to use any of the things normal horror movies have.  You could argue that it's the same shhit as Blair Witch Project but I like this better.  I like that this movie has alot of jump scenes and the ending scene where Micah and Katie are downstairs and you can only hear screaming is awesomely tense.  If you like this one, the second one is a good sequel that expands on the first one.

Trick 'R Treat - Not very scary and it is comical but is a good watch nonetheless.  It plays on the usual elements of a horror movie...Gore, Evil members of neighborhood who are supposed to be trusted, Crazy opening scene similar to scream.  It also plays off of many Halloween legends such as checking your candy before you eat it, not putting out your jack o lantern on halloween night, breaking jack o lanterns on halloween is disrespectful to demons/the dead, etc.  Overall it is a very fun horror movie to watch because it uses the usual horror cliches to make fun of and make a well made horror movie simultaneously.  It is also deeper than you would think in some ways.

·
Registered
19,931 Posts
damn, i was going to enter this thread and say "someone recommend me some 80's horror movie because i hate all these new horror movies" and then i saw this:
Mr. Petty Jones said:
:h5:. Exactly how i feel. Not to mention most of these horror movies these days involve ghosts. I DON'T FUCKING BELIEVE IN GHOSTS. How the hell i'm going to get scared of something i don't really believe?

Now twin sisters scare the shit out of me lololol.

·
Registered
86 Posts
DirkDiggler said:
The Descent
Paranormal Activity
I've been meaning to see The Descent for the longest time. Big fan of Paranormal Activity also (and the sequel). Also looks like The Sixth Sense was a big hit, sure scared the shit out of me as a kid.

I'm a zombie fan so 28 Days Later is one of my favourites. Dawn of the Dead (remake) isn't the best film ever but zombies, so what the heck. I've also seen the first two OG Japanese The Grudge films (or Ju-On) and those were brilliant.

Might seem weird but I haven't seen any of the Saw films. Never into gore as a sub-genre of horror, more into the psychological stuff.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts