Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
StephBelve said:
damn, how could you guys listen to an album leak? smh, i am disappointed in my cole fam :cryfam:
A lot of people share this sentiment and it's kind of becoming a meme.

Counter-points

1) A lot of stuff is "leaked" on purpose by the artist or their people and they WANT YOU TO LISTEN. You can "leak" a record to test the waters then release it officially if people feel it. You really think Dr. Dre's "Kush" was truly leaked then put out the next day with a Dre mix and a master on it?

2) Supported leaks become records. Ignorant Shit by Jay-Z was a Black Album outtake that became an American Gangster track cuz people loved it... Love In This Club by Usher wasn't going to make the album until Polow leaked it and it blew up. Not showing love for a good leaked song is what REALLY hurts an artist... they just lose a song for nothing. If the leak builds up a buzz it'll become an official record FOR SURE.

3) Listening to a leak does nothing to hurt an artist. You think listening to a song in a few weeks or months in advance does something bad to the artist? Gtfo. I typically listen to an album whenever it's leaked and cop it to support if it's dope... does listening to the leak hurt anyone in this case? HELL NO.

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
I see your point but some people don't listen to leaks as they want a better experience once the album officially drops. Also leaks can affect an artist and the fans, Look at how C3 got leaked constantly and the final product wasn't as good as the original.

·
Premium Member
110,681 Posts
WeezyF said:
Also leaks can affect an artist and the fans, Look at how C3 got leaked constantly and the final product wasn't as good as the original.
You just pulled that one out of the depths of your own ass, didn't you?  :hah:

·
Registered
4,127 Posts
These fuckings leaks debate are retarded.

If you want to listen the leaks, do it, if you won't don't.

BUT STOP TALKING ABOUT THIS EVERYTIME AN ALBUM IS COMING !

·
Banned
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
WeezyF said:
I see your point but some people don't listen to leaks as they want a better experience once the album officially drops. Also leaks can affect an artist and the fans, Look at how C3 got leaked constantly and the final product wasn't as good as the original.
Better experience... I can get that but I only care about that if the album has a good chance (> 40%) of being a classic or near-classic. Carter III's leaks were good for the album IMO... not many of the records that leaked were commercially viable. I bet without leaks the album would've had fewer hits.

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
HarlemDiplomats said:
Better experience... I can get that but I only care about that if the album has a good chance (> 40%) of being a classic or near-classic. Carter III's leaks were good for the album IMO... not many of the records that leaked were commercially viable. I bet without leaks the album would've had fewer hits.
I agree tbh

·
Registered
11,651 Posts
dorian_j said:
Oh no you didn't. That is YOUR truth. Just because you think that, doesn't make it universal.
Chill lmao. Do you think the final C3 was better than the original? I bet you 9/10 people would agree with me

1 - 20 of 75 Posts