Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Real Friend said:
last supper, fam
True, that's probably 80% right as the art he's emulating but stone art like this was filled with GODS, these are the modern-day gods who have huge followings. Maybe that's how those Greek and Egyptian gods really were: just celebs who's skills and deeds were heavily romanticized
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,769 Posts
Real Friend said:
last supper, fam
ariel said:
True, that's probably 80% right as the art he's emulating but stone art like this was filled with GODS, these are the modern-day gods who have huge followings. Maybe that's how those Greek and Egyptian gods really were: just celebs who's skills and deeds were heavily romanticized
We literally have the painting he adapted, why are you guys talking about this other shit? :clap:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
690 Posts
Because those images alone extract extreme feelings regardless of the context. In doing shti like this he's forcefeeding topics of God, class, sexuality and all of these topics with an image alone. It then plays into the larger than life persona he has and it has everyone hooked. Lots of psychology and stuff at play, ye a very bright man.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ULTRALIGHT BEAM said:
We literally have the painting he adapted, why are you guys talking about this other shit? :clap:
not everybody spends their whole day jackin off to Kanye in this forum, some of us have lives and just got to see this now
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Lawries said:
Vincent Desidario "Sleep"
Man every time I think Kanye finally did something completely original I get heart broken

From the melody of hell of a life's chorus to coldest winter, it's just way too much sampling sometimes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
23,788 Posts
Might sound stupid, I haven't seen the video just stills from it, did he actually get all those people for the video though?

Or isi cgi?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
soslepton said:
he does have a thing for dated/ancient/biblical era visuals that's for sure:
Yea it's pretty cool imagery, that coachella one is the first thing I thought of when I saw the vid
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
5,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
young chug said:
how are there people that still dont know about sleep by vincent desiderio?
ariel said:
not everybody spends their whole day jackin off to Kanye in this forum, some of us have lives and just got to see this now
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,699 Posts
It's pretty simple really.

It's a statement on celebrity in general.  Everybody in that bed has been demonized (right or wrong) by the media and the general population.

EDIT: ...with the possible exception of Taylor, because we all know she's a perfect little angel.
 
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Top