Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hope this wasn't posted. I didn't see it.

Since it is a film, I should warn people that if they really want to watch this whole thing without knowing what happens, don't read the link. But check out what I pulled out that won't ruin the film.

http://www.fakeshoredrive.com/2010/10/fsd-watches-kanye-wests-runaway.html

Just a few awesome things I pulled out:

"- Runaway kicks off with Kanye driving some expensive looking foreign car (I don't know shit about cars, sorry) with quite possibly the dopest Kanye West song of 2010 playing in the background. In fact, it was so dope that afterwards when Don C asked me how I enjoyed the film, I immediately asked him about that song, The joint is the albums title track and is produced by The RZA, No ID and Kanye West. This track, the little bit I heard of it, blows away anything I've heard from the G.O.O.D. Friday series. He opens it up with "Back in Chicago I had dreams of Murciélago's" or something like that. This track has me geeked to hear the rest of the album. Look out for this one…"

"- After the film Kanye came out to address the crowd. He said his Q&A sessions in London and Paris lasted for hours, so he was just going to hit a few bullet points. He explained that "Runaway" was his Thriller and with this he's continuing to push the culture - and not just hip-hop or black culture, but culture in general. Kanye said that he's so free and comfortable with who he is that he's going to do what he feels is right no matter how the public reacts."

- Kanye said he and the entire G.O.O.D. Music camp are pushing to change music and have abandoned the "Here's another hit. Barry Bonds" rhyme pattern that Kanye claims he and Big Sean made famous. I agree, that flow has been beat to death.

- I loved Kanye's story about how he once had to sneak into a Wu-Tang Clan show at the Congress Theater and now he can call up RZA and ask him for drums anytime he'd like. He followed that up with "no one man should have all that power"

-Quite possibly my favorite quote from Kanye was his FINAL quote of the evening where he talked about being from Chicago and overcoming a lot of the stigmas and issues within the City. He said it's great to be from a place like this and having to go out of your way to prove yourself because "they never see you coming". Indeed, Ye. Indeed.

Lots of talk around KTT and other areas about Kanye being the next, or closest to, being Michael Jackson of the music genre. I think this film could quite possibly define him as just that.

G

·
i've seen similar reviews, but i don't believe that this exact on has been posted yet.

anyways.. this = :awesome:

slimjim497 said:
"- Runaway kicks off with Kanye driving some expensive looking foreign car (I don’t know shit about cars, sorry) with quite possibly the dopest Kanye West song of 2010 playing in the background.  In fact, it was so dope that afterwards when Don C asked me how I enjoyed the film, I immediately asked him about that song, The joint is the albums title track and is produced by The RZA, No ID and Kanye West. This track, the little bit I heard of it, blows away anything I’ve heard from the G.O.O.D. Friday series. He opens it up with “Back in Chicago I had dreams of Murciélago’s” or something like that.  This track has me geeked to hear the rest of the album.  Look out for this one…"

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
i just got screamed a little bit at work, because i can't be loud, but holy shit I WANNA HEAR DARK FANTASY!!!!

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
so he hears the song in the beginning, and after 35 minutes, all he can think to ask is what was that song?!!!!  :rage: :rage: :rage: :rage:

·
Registered
2,720 Posts
slimjim497 said:
"- Runaway kicks off with Kanye driving some expensive looking foreign car (I don’t know shit about cars, sorry) with quite possibly the dopest Kanye West song of 2010 playing in the background.  In fact, it was so dope that afterwards when Don C asked me how I enjoyed the film, I immediately asked him about that song, The joint is the albums title track and is produced by The RZA, No ID and Kanye West. This track, the little bit I heard of it, blows away anything I’ve heard from the G.O.O.D. Friday series. He opens it up with “Back in Chicago I had dreams of Murciélago’s” or something like that.  This track has me geeked to hear the rest of the album.  Look out for this one…"
That's all I need to know....now I look forward to watching "Runaway" Saturday.

·
Registered
8,106 Posts
Damn if this doesnt get you hyped for the movie and specifically Dark Fantasy/All of the Lights/song he didn't know what it was, somethings wrong with you!

·
Registered
11,236 Posts
awesome, awesome read. can't wait to see this. especially can't wait to hear pieces of new music, especially the Dark Fantasy

"- I can see what Kanye doesn’t premiere more of his work in Chicago as people don’t know how to act. Afterwards, Kanye even remarked “I knew I was back home when everyone began talking throughout the silent parts”. Ha!"

smh so fuckin true lol

·
Registered
7,259 Posts
comedyjunkie06 said:
OMG so ready- i might just skip six flags for this- im skipping lol i have to watch this!
Dude don't fucking do that.. Just DVR that shit.. :work: like me. Unfortunately I will be out that night as well.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts