Kanye to The banner

Explain to me the big deal on Lil Wayne.

865 views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  Black Rose 
#1 ·
Seriously, explain. I don't like him that much, but I am not making this thread to express my dislike, I am making this thread because I sincerely what a Lil Wayne fan to explain to me why he is help in such high regard. I am not familiar with his music. Lollipop is great, but just a mainstream song. Kanye can do that too, and do it better (see Stronger). Why is he considered #2 rapper of the decade according to BET? Cop Car is a fucking stupid song. WHERE is the good Lil' Wayne music that makes him not this dude with a fucked up voice who sounds stupid most of the time? I seriously want to know. Give me quality Lil' Wayne music, give me an album like Late Registration or College Dropout or Graduation or even 808s. Give me the quality stuff that he apparently has.

#4 ·
with wayne, it really depends on what you like in your songs because he can make serious stuff with meaning or he could make a song without really any meaning but with crazy punchlines and wordplay.  if you like something meaningful i suggest most of tha carter II, playing with fire, shoot me down, tie my hands, misunderstood.  if you want crazy punchlines go with no ceilings.  in my opinion, his best songs are from da drought 3, dedication 2, and carter II.

#20 ·
Wayne's poor releases of recent has even made me a bit forgetful of his past work

I still remember when Lollipop hit. The song was literally EVERYWHERE. I know this isn't a memory lane thread though.

Da Drought 3 is my only recommendation. And yeah where were you, because Wayne had the whole game in his hand at one point...

Funnily enough I don't even think of Wayne AT ALL when I think of my favourite rappers, he has a weird legacy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.