Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The book of Ecclesiastes.

I know it's part of the Bible but even If you're an atheist or muslim you should read this from a philosophical point of view. Here's some quotes.

3 What do people gain from all their labors
at which they toil under the sun?
4 Generations come and generations go,
but the earth remains forever.
5 The sun rises and the sun sets,
and hurries back to where it rises.
6 The wind blows to the south
and turns to the north;
round and round it goes,
ever returning on its course.
7 All streams flow into the sea,
yet the sea is never full.

16 I said to myself, "Look, I have increased in wisdom more than anyone who has ruled over Jerusalem before me; I have experienced much of wisdom and knowledge." 17 Then I applied myself to the understanding of wisdom, and also of madness and folly, but I learned that this, too, is a chasing after the wind.

18 For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
the more knowledge, the more grief.

Here's the first chapter: http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Ecclesiastes+1&version=NIV

I know this thread will get either hate or trolls and only few will read this but I thought it was worth sharing so I made a thread about it.

·
Registered
26,181 Posts
A lot of things written in the Bible is worth sharing though, even to atheists. Whether they believe in God or not, you can't just totally deny words of wisdom like that when obviously it is written for a good cause. Whether you believe in God or not you can still learn things from the Bible.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing wrong with reading some Fiction.

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Chilla said:
A lot of things written in the Bible is worth sharing though, even to atheists. Whether they believe in God or not, you can't just totally deny words of wisdom like that when obviously it is written for a good cause. Whether you believe in God or not you can still learn things from the Bible.
Respect :h5:

·
Premium Member
59,845 Posts
i hate reading

·
Banned
2,235 Posts
Mario said:
18 For with much wisdom comes much sorrow;
  the more knowledge, the more grief.
That's why I skip class, drink 40s, and blast Waka Flocka 24/7. Thank you Jesus.

#TeamIgnant

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Shaman said:
U definitely ignored the point of the thread just to put your little atheist comment in
don't mind him, he's insulting himself :work:

·
Registered
44,769 Posts
Mario said:
you already burned your brain, might aswel burn the world...
Youll burn your brain reading that trash tbh. Seems like a sound summary of christianity... some dude clinging at significance in this world because he has realized his life is empty

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
tyBasedGod said:
Youll burn your brain reading that trash tbh. Seems like a sound summary of christianity... some dude clinging at significance in this world because he has realized his life is empty
''ohhh edgy and intelligent''

meh, not really, you're judging people cause they read a book you never read yet my beliefs don't make sense...whatever man, nice logic..

·
Registered
44,769 Posts
Mario said:
''ohhh edgy and intelligent''

meh, not really, you're judging people cause they read a book you never read yet my beliefs don't make sense...whatever man, nice logic..
I have read ~90% of the bible, though

·
Banned
27,694 Posts
tyBasedGod said:
wtf

what you say makes no sense and is far from true

1 - 20 of 56 Posts