• Yes

Votes: 43 84.3%
  • No

Votes: 8 15.7%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
24,748 Posts
My issue with Entourage is that there are minimal repercussions for anyone. Very rarely are any of the characters met with any kind of actual real world consequences(and celebrities inhabit this world, too) . It's like a really long, even less narrative driven version of 'Cribs'. Almost nothing happens, hundreds of times.

Remember how Seinfeld was supposed to be a show about nothing? Entourage makes it look like Hamlet.

AKA:

If this show was just straight up about horrible shitbags, which it basically is but with an emphasis on what nice cars and houses everyone gets to have and how the lives of horrible shitbags are supposedly to be envied and represent what all of us want to achieve, but if they got rid of the wish fulfillment and just really tried to be honest about what horrible shitbags everyone on this show was it would be an amazing show because they are really NAILING IT.

Can't wait for the movie!

I still love you Msouten. Hug it out bb.

[youtube][/youtube]

·
Banned
45,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol fair enough :hat:

To each his own, but personally I think this show is pretty awesome

·
Registered
61,015 Posts
Yes, I love it. Although it's pretty superficial, it just has something that keeps me watching it. It's one of the shows with the highest replay value for me. Plus, Ari & Drama's one-liners are worth gold sometimes.

·
Banned
45,803 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ehacker10 said:
there is an entourage thread already...
This one was just to prove a point that more people liked it than didn't like it :dno:

Not an official Entourage thread, I already know there's another one :hat:

·
Registered
4,408 Posts
Rafae Sheikh said:
This one was just to prove a point that more people liked it than didn't like it :dno:

Not an official Entourage thread, I already know there's another one :hat:
aight, well I def like the show.

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
First few seasons were brilliant. Inevitably that was gonna get old though so they've had some bad seasons since then.

Jeremy Piven and Kevin Dillon are great too.

·
Premium Member
110,681 Posts
Msouten said:
First few seasons were brilliant. Inevitably that was gonna get old though so they've had some bad seasons since then.

Jeremy Piven and Kevin Dillon are great too.
That show has never been brilliant, lol It had good seasons, but there was nothing there to make me say that it was brilliant.

I enjoy watching it, but mostly for the production value. Ari and Drama are the most interesting characters. I don't really care for the rest tbh. It's a fun show to watch when there's nothing else on TV.

·
Registered
2,883 Posts
Signature Ligature said:
My issue with Entourage is that there are minimal repercussions for anyone. Very rarely are any of the characters met with any kind of actual real world consequences(and celebrities inhabit this world, too) . It's like a really long, even less narrative driven version of 'Cribs'. Almost nothing happens, hundreds of times.

Remember how Seinfeld was supposed to be a show about nothing? Entourage makes it look like Hamlet.

AKA:

If this show was just straight up about horrible shitbags, which it basically is but with an emphasis on what nice cars and houses everyone gets to have and how the lives of horrible shitbags are supposedly to be envied and represent what all of us want to achieve, but if they got rid of the wish fulfillment and just really tried to be honest about what horrible shitbags everyone on this show was it would be an amazing show because they are really NAILING IT.

Can't wait for the movie!

I still love you Msouten. Hug it out bb.

[youtube][/youtube]
That's why I hope they're going to New York because Vince relapses, Drama gets screwed out of Johnny's Bananas, Turtle gets kicked out of his company, and E loses his job after no longer having Vince and not so E can chase Sloan. :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
9,786 Posts
dorian_j said:
That show has never been brilliant, lol It had good seasons, but there was nothing there to make me say that it was brilliant.
I'm not just throwing words around >_>

I think the first 3 seasons were brilliant. I respect more of it than you do apparently.

·
Premium Member
110,681 Posts
Msouten said:
I'm not just throwing words around >_>

I think the first 3 seasons were brilliant. I respect more of it than you do apparently.
Like you, I just expressed my opinion on the show. I still like it though. I just don't consider it to be one of the greatest.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts