Kanye to The banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since KTT hates Eminem this will probably turn into another hate thread, especially since it's about Encore and people will think I'm trying to defend the album. So lets make one thing clear: yes, it's one of the worst Eminem albums.

Anyway, I was listening to it and I kinda realized something. I never really thought about this album as anything else another Eminem album but I finally understand what he did here. This album is full of these bullshit songs (Puke, 1st Single, Rain Man, Big Weenie) for 2 reasons - yes some songs meant for it leaked earlier (We As Americans) but apart from that he wanted to make a bullshit album. Thats why it's called Encore. The Eminem Show got that critical acclaim so he didn't even try to top it, or repeat the album. He wasn't aiming for the same thing since he didn't need to. Everything he had to say he said on The Eminem Show. Encore is meant to be an encore - more fun, lazy, bullshit album without a specific message. I feel like this album is just him fooling around.

Of course it doesn't change the fact is a weaker album but I never thought of it that way. I always saw it as another album, where he tried to top his last one, where in fact he isn't.

I might be late as fuck, and people will be telling me I'm 8 years too late but I don't know...

·
Registered
2,972 Posts

1 - 6 of 6 Posts