Kanye to The banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know how many people are actually reading this, I could be the only one...but if you are and have any type of questions or want to point somethings out, I figured this could be the place to do it....

I haven't read much but here are some of the lines that I've like so far:

"The great contemporary terror is anonymity" - talking about how people feel like they need to be known (via tv, radio, youtube, facebook...)

"Orwell feared that what we hate will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we love will ruin us." - Huxley's argument being 'man's infinite appetite for distraction' prevents you from getting truths.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
LuMyself said:
I don't know how many people are actually reading this, I could be the only one...but if you are and have any type of questions or want to point somethings out, I figured this could be the place to do it....

I haven't read much but here are some of the lines that I've like so far:

"The great contemporary terror is anonymity" - talking about how people feel like they need to be known (via tv, radio, youtube, facebook...)

"Orwell feared that what we hate will ruin us. Huxley feared that what we love will ruin us." - Huxley's argument being 'man's infinite appetite for distraction' prevents you from getting truths.
waiting on mine in the mail, yea it sounds great for where my head is at right now!

·
Registered
2,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dan The Fiasco said:
waiting on mine in the mail, yea it sounds great for where my head is at right now!
It's real interesting.

Here's another fact in the book:

Today's average American will have spent 9 years in front of a television by the time he or she is 65.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.