Kanye to The banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is this why we are hearing some of this underwhelming Kanye?? I mean take it back to Graduation... I've always felt like that was Kanye's worst album. That was at a time where he kinda had everything, and was really at his peak (popularity wise) and it resulted in a more commercial approch to his music. I feel like we're at another peak Kanye level...not as much popularity but I mean he doesn't have anything going on emotionally to push him musically...he's kinda just back to doing whats popular again... thoughts???

N

·
0 Posts
Pretty much, he's certainly not as sad as he was when he made 808s or MBDTF

Some fans just haven't accepted that :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
35,152 Posts
Graduation gets such unnessecary hate. It was brilliant. Don't need another Graduation though.

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
niggas stay underrated this album, Grad had some emotional, deep, well though out songs....just because almost every song on the album on there could have been a single, doesnt make the album bad..cant blame Kanye for knowing how to make catchy good music back in the day..

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Bibble said:
Graduation gets such unnessecary hate. It was brilliant. Don't need another Graduation though.
Thats what I'm trying to get at... I'm not necessarily saying I don't like Kanye's newer music (from wtt to Mercy[if you call that "Kanye's Music"} but I'm just saying.. perhaps this is another Gradational hump..

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
B-ri said:
niggas stay underrated this album, Grad had some emotional, deep, well though out songs....just because almost every song on the album on there could have been a single, doesnt make the album bad..cant blame Kanye for knowing how to make catchy good music back in the day..
I'm also not really hating on Graduation. To me it's his worst album, and thats not really saying it sucks because its still a great album

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
TKO said:
I'm also not really hating on Graduation. To me it's his worst album, and thats not really saying it sucks because its still a great album
welp, opinions will be opinions :dno:

·
Banned
1,846 Posts
TKO said:
I feel like we're at another peak Kanye level...not as much popularity but I mean he doesn't have anything going on emotionally to push him musically..
You don't know that. You ain't hear about that love triangle baby paw had with kim and kris?

·
Registered
35,152 Posts
TKO said:
Thats what I'm trying to get at... I'm not necessarily saying I don't like Kanye's newer music (from wtt to Mercy[if you call that "Kanye's Music"} but I'm just saying.. perhaps this is another Gradational hump..
Graduation is so much better and so much deeper than Watch the Throne, Mercy, and Theraflu.

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
TKO said:
well let him make his happy music then...I mean it wouldnt be a Kanye album if it wasnt diverse, he'll still have his dark, deep, storytelling, self reflecting songs...just like on every album, including Graduation (Flashing Lights, Everything I am,I Wonder, Big Brother, Homecoming)

was the entire 808s dark and emo? nope you had Robocop, Amazing, and Paranoid to lighten up the mood..
was the entire WTT bragging & luxury rap? nope, they still gave us New Day, No Church In The Wild, Murder To Excellence, Made In America,Why I Love You So, The Joy...

So no matter what kind of theme Ye had/has to his album, he'll still bring that emotion/realness, thats just part of his style..

dont let a couple songs from the Good Music album & DJ Khaled album fool you...."Go Hard" came out before MBDTF :work:

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I think ya'll thinking too hard... he just felt like making "go hard" type music. leave him alone, he just won rap album of the year last month, he's already on top of the game, needs to prove nothing.

·
Banned
3,775 Posts
L0STintheWORLD said:
I think ya'll thinking too hard... he just felt like making "go hard" type music. leave him alone, he just won rap album of the year last month, he's already on top of the game, needs to prove nothing.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
L0STintheWORLD said:
really though....Album of the year! But I was just speculating. The truth is, with a new Kanye album comes exactly what everyone wasn't expecting!

·
Registered
75,333 Posts
Graduation :allears:

Well I personally feel the GOOD and solo album might be flawed because on ever other album Kanye's been a step ahead, but this time he's taking what's already popular (or ahead of him) and just putting his twist on it.

Why? Well it's easier and he probably feels like he'll make more of a sudden impact this way, which he somewhat will.

I mean Mercy still has his genius twist on it (The dance-hall sample) but the song as a whole is nothing new or ground breaking, which is why people are hating on it, it has just the slightest twist so mainstreamers won't be alienated. It's a dope track but I certainly feel like it can't be one of the best tracks on the album. It just can't :cry:

·
Registered
8,703 Posts
I'd be much more upset if he only made one type of music all the time. At least he does them all well.

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
I think everyone thinks Kanye forgot his last solo was MBDTF....anybody who knows the impact of music knows how much is riding on his solo discography with this next solo.

WTT was literally for the hell of it (If i'm not mistaken)

I get the vibe that the G.O.O.D. album will be for mainstream America to get to know the G.O.O.D. camp minus Kanye, & Big Sean. Maybe I'm wrong, but only time will tell. I can almost put money on it on the G.O.O.D. album we will get SOME kind of emotion OP. Just wait and see.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts