Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All 3 had striking (on the mic) resemblances to these rappers. Kendrick even used to emulate Wayne's voice and not just flow.

So be careful shittin on someone who has a similar style to someone else ;)

Banned
If this is a desiigner thread in disguise, the above artist were influenced by their idols.

They didn't take their flow, voice, content, image, etc.聽

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Suq MaSab said:
Thug used to sound like Wayne.
Actually a good point. I don't even think of thug as a Wayne hybrid anymore.

I heard an old song of his the other day an I was like "ohh shit he really used to try to sound like Wayne" he's grown into his own though

Registered
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OnandOn said:
If this is a desiigner thread in disguise, the above artist were influenced by their idols.

They didn't take their flow, voice, content, image, etc.
Depends on ur definition of image.

Cos Kdot pretty much did all that

Pretty sure Em as well

And jay Z shit wtf

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Australiathegawd said:
Em got shitted on for Infinite for sounded a lot like Az.

The point is these artists grew into their own.

Someone else pointed out thug which is a great example if we're talking desiigner

Thug grew into his own

Registered
drdre said:
The point is these artists grew into their own.

Someone else pointed out thug which is a great example if we're talking desiigner

Thug grew into his own
I love Desiigner and hate Future, I'm just saying he did catch heat for it lol.

Banned
drdre said:
Depends on ur definition of image.

Cos Kdot pretty much did all that

Pretty sure Em as well

And jay Z shit wtf
Em delivery was inspired by Nas and AZ. The content was similar but his story was very Detriot. You could hear the influence in pre-sslp Em but you never mistaken him for Nas or AZ.

Jay was definitely a bitter but he had his own style. Even if he stole the occasional line or two.

Kenny content was always something that separated him from Wayne.

Desiigner however, sounds exactly like Future. To the point where you can't tell who is who on a track. He stole his content, flows, delivery. He even talks about ATL and he's never been there.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Australiathegawd said:
I love Desiigner and hate Future, I'm just saying he did catch heat for it lol.
K n J probably did too which validates my point even more

Registered
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
OnandOn said:
Em delivery was inspired by Nas and AZ. The content was similar but his story was very Detriot. You could hear the influence in pre-sslp Em but you never mistaken him for Nas or AZ.

Jay was definitely a bitter but he had his own style. Even if he stole the occasional line or two.

Kenny content was always something that separated him from Wayne.

Desiigner however, sounds exactly like Future. To the point where you can't tell who is who on a track. He stole his content, flows, delivery. He even talks about ATL and he's never been there.
Except Kenny was biting Wayne content too. Considering u made that up and I'm not knowledgeable enough about J n Ems past i have a slight doubt about them too

Banned
drdre said:
Except Kenny was biting Wayne content too. Considering u made that up and I'm not knowledgeable enough about J n Ems past i have a slight doubt about them too
Wayne content? He only talks about typical rap shit for the most part. Concepts Kendrick talks about now he has always talked about. IDK what you're talking about. If you don't know much about those two dudes then why are they included in your thread?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
OnandOn said:
Wayne content? He only talks about typical rap shit for the most part. Concepts Kendrick talks about now he has always talked about. IDK what you're talking about. If you don't know much about those two dudes then why are they included in your thread?
1.I don't have to know more than what I know now for me to make the points I've made. The facts in op are true
2. U must not have heard of kendricks music when he was k dot. He wasn't the same he used to rap about typical rap shit

Banned
drdre said:
1.I don't have to know more than what I know now for me to make the points I've made. The facts in op are true
2. U must not have heard of kendricks music when he was k dot. He wasn't the same he used to rap about typical rap shit
But he also rapped about other concepts.

Typical rap shit = Wayne.

What separates Kendrick from Wayne is he touches on topic Wayne doesn't. This was true pre-sxn 80,

1 - 20 of 41 Posts