Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
No i'm not a Stan, but people sleep on Shady as a rapper I don't care about influence, i don't care about race, and i don't care about who his producer was, he's one of the best technical rappers of all-time and he's one of the best storytellers of all-time(listen to Stan).  I know his last two albums are so-so, but his Catalog is good enough to challenge anyone thats named in the consensus top 5. SSLP, MMLP, & Eminem Show are classics. He murdered Jay-Z on his own shit when both were in there primes, he showed on "Forever" that he can still murder the top rappers out, and countless other times he outrapped his counterparts. Agree with me or not Eminem is Top 5 dead or alive on skill alone add in influence he's definitely top 3 of all time, give the man his credit he's still making good music ignore the cringe worthy "Not Afraid" and check out his rhymes on BME: Hell the sequel he sounds rejuvinated...

Discuss...

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
Overrated by most, underrated the rest. One of the best ever, but when someone says they like him because he's the only rapper to rap about real things... :facepalm:

·
Registered
29,996 Posts
Hova said:
Em still needs his American Gangster. Remind people why he was one of the best.
Agreed.

He is one of my favorite rappers, but he tries too hard nowadays. Forced punchlines, cadence seems off. Doesn't flow as fluidly as he did on past albums.

·
Registered
15,598 Posts
I agree with you in a way. He is rapping wise underlooked some of the time because he is so over-rated by so many people. It turns alot of people sour to him. Alot of people just say he is the GOAT without knowing much about rap. That pisses alot of people off. He is incredibly talented in all/most areas of rap. People get tired of him because his new music/his unknowing stans. I would say that's the biggest complaint.

But sometimes I see people say some really dumb shit about him trying to put down his past abilities because they are tired of him.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts