Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Autobiography (feat. Paulie)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 725 Posts

·
Registered
48,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In May of 2011, producer JAYBeatz and myself joined forces to bring you I Wonder What's Next, a collaboration mixtape with the goal to bring you great music! The project is set to release on 10/7/11

DOWNLOAD NOW
http://eighth.bandcamp.com/​

Official Cover

Official Review by Checkmate
Light Yagami said:
I Wonder What's Next

Producer JayBeatz and Rapper 8th Collaborate to create a 10 Track Mixtape known as "I Wonder What's Next"

IWWN (I Wonder What's Next) is a slightly melancholic mixtape that is described as a Project created "around their adventure into the future, fighting through its anxieties and fears. The mixtape features a plethora of rappers, all from Creative Showcase. Each rapper brings something new to the table, an I am happy to say that none of the features ruined the quality of the album! I am usually not a fan of "feature-heavy" albums because there is a high chance I will come across a rapper who I believe messed up the quality of a track, or a rapper whose presence was unneeded. In IWWN, each rapper did exactly what they were supposed to do....rap. No gimmicks, no lame rhymes, none of that thankfully. Alex James, CJ The Genesis, Achilles, and COKE were among my favorite features in the mixtape. But enough about the FEATURED artists, lets talk about Eighth, the main rapper. Eighth, of course, is well known among the KTT creative showcase. He can rap well, so it was no surprise that he did not disappoint the listeners this time around. He was solid the entire time. Overall his bars were great. A good, constant flow, and he did not make use of the overrated "hash-tag rap" (THANK GOD). He was varied his themes, ranging from being Hated On in his cleverly-titled tracked entitled "Elevating Into Greater Heights Through Hatred" to his future as a rapper in the titular "I Wonder What's Next" track. He didnt rap about anything groundbreaking, these are all things that rappers have all rapped about before. But he did do a decent job rapping about these themes. JayBeatz, one of the most sought after producers on the Creative Showcase produced all of the tracks on this mixtape. I'm sure no listener was surprised at the quality of the beats on this Album. The samples used in this mixtape were all excellent. My personal favorite "Make the Road by Walking" was sampled on the 1st track of this mixtape. JayBeatz matched the melancholic theme by adding downtrodden beats of his own. In terms of production, I have no complaints.

Overall, this was a solid Mixtape. I enjoyed it. I'm gonna give it an 8.5/10. Eighth and Jaybeatz clearly put a lot of effort into this and it shows. I think every1 in CS should listen to this at least one time. It's definitely worth it

-CheckMate out

"THEY ARE THE WITNESS"
http://eighth.bandcamp.com/track/they-are-the-witness-2​

DOWNLOAD FIRST SINGLE NOW

http://eighth.bandcamp.com/​

Enter The Palace Gates (feat. C.O.K.E., Paulie & Justus Clarke)
*Cover by NCarolina Bred*

Tracklist for I Wonder What's Next

1. I Wonder What's Next
2. Elevating Into Greater Heights Through Hatred (EIGHTH)
3. Enter The Palace Gates (feat. C.O.K.E., Paulie & Justus Clarke)
4. Let Me Go
5. Universal Visions (feat. Alex James)
6. They Are The Witness
7. Autobiography (feat. Paulie)
8. The Downfall (feat. CJ The Genesis)
9. Nothing Stays The Same (feat. D.E.)
10. There Is No Time

:stronger:

·
Registered
48,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
B-ri said:
she's the best, she did all the artwork for my mixtape..
Yeah I was really impressed with her work. I'm sure I'll be asking her for more in the future lol.

1 - 20 of 725 Posts