Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
34,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
E-Marketing is ofc marketing using online tactics but which side is better. Plain old marketing or electronic marketing?

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
I'm studying Digital Marketing in uni. It's pretty broad and covers pretty much covers Marketing on a whole. As far as I'm aware, a plain marketing degree is pretty boring in comparison.

It's a pretty interesting and fun subject. I chose it because I spend so many hours online/social-networks that I thought "why the fuck not?"

The modules I've done so far are..

Financial decision making - boring

Entrepreneurship - group assignment. I had to create a new business and present it like they do on Dragons Den. This is actually my favourite module so far and is the one I'm doing best in.

Digital Marketing in Business Context - Pretty interesting. Just learning about the use of social-media and the internet in regards to marketing. Had to create a blog.

Principles of Marketing - Obviously, the basics of marketing but pretty boring in comparison to other modules.

The other 2 modules I've done are pretty boring and don't have much to do with marketing.

Next year I'm doing Sports Marketing,  International Marketing, Digital Production and Design. And some other shit I can't remember.

·
Banned
34,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LC14 said:
I'm studying Digital Marketing in uni. It's pretty broad and covers pretty much covers Marketing on a whole. As far as I'm aware, a plain marketing degree is pretty boring in comparison.

It's a pretty interesting and fun subject. I chose it because I spend so many hours online/social-networks that I thought "why the fuck not?"

Entrepreneurship - group assignment. I had to create a new business and present it like they do on Dragons Den. This is actually my favourite module so far and is the one I'm doing best in.

Digital Marketing in Business Context - Pretty interesting. Just learning about the use of social-media and the internet in regards to marketing. Had to create a blog.

Principles of Marketing - Obviously, the basics of marketing but pretty boring in comparison to other modules.

The other 2 modules I've done are pretty boring and don't have much to do with marketing.

Next year I'm doing Sports Marketing,  International Marketing, Digital Production and Design. And some other shit I can't remember.
Man IM really confused on what I wanna major in. I want a job that is creative and in demand and has the ability to have an upward trend with my salary and position. What do you think?

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Rage. said:
Man IM really confused on what I wanna major in. I want a job that is creative and in demand and has the ability to have an upward trend with my salary and position. What do you think?
E marketing alll daaa wayyy

·
Banned
34,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
LC14 said:
E marketing alll daaa wayyy
you sure bro? Im transferring and deciding which college to go to but one has emarketing and the other has only regular marketing.

·
Registered
5,004 Posts
Rage. said:
you sure bro? Im transferring and deciding which college to go to but one has emarketing and the other has only regular marketing.
Yeah man, by the time you graduate e marketing will be even more valuable than it is now

·
Banned
3,013 Posts
e marketing is much less exciting but it will pay better and there's more opportunity in the field.

·
Banned
22,694 Posts
LC14 said:

sounds dope

junior in highschool rn, might choose this as my major D:

·
Banned
34,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Half said:
e marketing is much less exciting but it will pay better and there's more opportunity in the field.
I like to develop sites and always had a business oriented mindset. I want to combine online web developing/advertising with marketing and business and I feel like E-Marketing sounds like a good plan.

·
Banned
34,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Whats a good degree where I can combine online web developing and having a business side with that. I want to start an online business and market with other products like Affiliate Marketing. E Commerce type of work.

·
Banned
3,013 Posts
Rage. said:
I like to develop sites and always had a business oriented mindset. I want to combine online web developing/advertising with marketing and business and I feel like E-Marketing sounds like a good plan.
developing sites is fun

seo is not

·
Banned
10,112 Posts
Rage. said:
Whats a good degree where I can combine online web developing and having a business side with that. I want to start an online business and market with other products like Affiliate Marketing. E Commerce type of work.
I don't know what college you goto, but at mine they offer a degree in Technology, Arts and Media which encompasses a lot of things like web development, app development, digital design, etc. The thing about web development though is that much of it can be self-taught, so to say you should major in it might be unnecessary. You could for example get a degree in advertising and supplement that with web development skills and Adobe Suite skills.

·
Banned
6,295 Posts
Rage. said:
Computer science

·
Banned
34,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
eric clapmen said:
Computer science
That's moslty software developing etc. you don't really learn html Javascript CSS in that field and not that much business side with it also. Just a lot of math and programming classes

1 - 20 of 23 Posts