Kanye to The banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone know if apple will cover dust under screen with AppleCare? Think they will give me a new phone?

I'm gonna make an appointment to see "Genuis" today. But is it even worth the trip? They may not even consider it a problem. So annoying though!!!

·
Banned
8,109 Posts
kracker said:
Anyone know if apple will cover dust under screen with AppleCare? Think they will give me a new phone?

I'm gonna make an appointment to see "Genuis" today. But is it even worth the trip? They may not even consider it a problem. So annoying though!!!
Usually apple is pretty forgiving on replacements but idk anything about dust under the screen. Your best bet is to just go and see what they can do.

·
Registered
21,228 Posts
I had that problem and I did some research online. Many people said that they got their iPhone replaced for that but when I went to my local Apple Store they said they can't replace it.

·
Premium Member
40,301 Posts
WESTNiNE9 said:
If not.... Soak it in water. Get it replaced. Done.
.....dont do this....

You lose nothing by trying at the apple store. If they say know, find your local iphone part replacer (unoffical) and ask them to lift the screen and remove the dust.

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
AnthoNYC said:
I had that problem and I did some research online. Many people said that they got their iPhone replaced for that but when I went to my local Apple Store they said they can't replace it.
thats what im scared of. i read some posts on a couple forums saying they did get replacement. but these are old posts. so maybe they have changed the policy.

iamhungry said:
.....dont do this....

You lose nothing by trying at the apple store. If they say know, find your local iphone part replacer (unoffical) and ask them to lift the screen and remove the dust.
i did read that in some cases they took screen off to clean dust off at apple store. so that would work if they atleast could do that for me!

my appointment is tomorrow morning. so fingers crossed!!

·
Registered
3,478 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AnthoNYC said:
just went in. they didnt give me a new phone but they replaced the screen!!

im happy with that!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts