Kanye to The banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just listening to Get By (Remix) with Talib Kweli, Jay-Z, Busta Rhymes, Kanye West & Mos Def and I noticed that both The Throne (Jay-Z & Kanye West) & Black Star (Mos Def & Talib Kweli) are in this track. Sure back then, Jay & 'Ye weren't known as The Throne, but it's pretty cool to see that these two duos have collaborated on the same track.

Nowadays, it seems like every rapper is pairing up with another rapper, or aligning themselves with a group.

Eminem & Royce Da 5'9" are "Bad Meets Evil"
Jay-Z & Kanye West are "The Throne"
Andre 3000 & Big Boi are "OutKast"
Diddy & Rick Ross are "The Bugatti Boyz"
Gucci Mane & Waka Flaka are "The Ferrari Boyz"
Mos Def & Talib Kweli are "Black Star"
and we still have that Drake & Lil' Wayne project to expect.

Black Star have been around for a long time, but it seems like they might be getting back together if their new track with Madlib is any indication. Same goes for OutKast with there being rumors that they are going to release another album either late this year or next year. Everyone else has formed duos this year, I believe.

Back to the topic, is there any songs like the "Get By Remix" where you see the artists and it involves two duos and if not, do you think there is a good chance that we might get some of those special and rare posse cuts where major artists come together for a song like "Swagga Like Us" & "Forever", but instead of it being 4 individual artists, there are two groups?

It's just a bit of an idea as to what the new thing in Hip-Hop seems to be seeing.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts