Kanye to The banner

Dubstep on WTT .lol

3K views 69 replies 47 participants last post by  KanyeEstonia 
#1 ·
After getting a call from Bu Thiam, Def Jam's VP of A&R, to submit tracks for WTT, Simmonds and his production partner, Sham "Sak Pase" Joseph, immediately went to work. "What we did is, we locked in a week, we just went crazy on everything Jay and Kanye," Simmonds told MTV News. "I remember telling Sham, I was like, 'Yo, I think this dubstep stuff is going to be the next new flavor that everybody gotta be on. It gotta have a hip-hop feel to it still.' "
The result is "Who Gon Stop Me," a track that, according to the "Buy You a Round" singer, is influenced by the U.K. style of electronic dance music. Together, Verse and Sak Pase make up the Jugganauts, and for "Who Gon Stop Me," Joseph made the beat and Simmonds wrote and referenced the chorus.
"We started creating the track, and it just started to come crazy, so we came up with the concept," Simmonds said before reciting a loose rendition of the song's lyrics. "It was like, 'Who gon stop me, huh? Black cards, Black cars, whole lot of money.' "
To pen the hook on the track, Verse said he first imagined himself in Jigga and Yeezy's shoes. "When I recorded it, everybody was like, 'Yo, you sound just like Kanye, you sound just like Jay-Z,' " he remembered. "It's just crazy, because I felt like, at that moment in time, I was them. I got into that mode of: 'What would these guys say? How would they say it?' I think they heard it the first time and loved it."
Hopefully, the fans will too.

See less See more
#26 ·
CheckMate said:
dubstep? hmmmmm.......IDK how to feel about that
It will be sick trust me even so I haven't heard it. The bass well be nuts and I'm expecting some huge verses from ye and jay and just expecting a really big pump up track. So stoked and heres the track it samples btw if you havent heard it already

P.S. most dubstep only sounds good when played loud with a good sub woofer

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.