Beats: 9.9
Musical Content / Arrangement:10
Theme: 10
Emotion: 10/10
Replay Value: 9.5

·
Registered
387 Posts
Overall 9.9 (Only bc i dont think so appauled should be there but i still love the song)
Lyrics: 9.8
Beats: 10
Replay Value: 10

·
Registered
6,421 Posts
Overall: 9
Lyrics: 9
Musical Content/Arrangements: 10
Theme: 9
Emotion: 9
Replay Value: 9

·
Banned
260,958 Posts
Overall 9.99
Lyrics: 9.67

·
Registered
610 Posts
I'm doing this track by track. I'm substituting The Joy for So Appalled.

Dark Fantasy: 10
Gorgeous: 9.5
Power: 9.5
All Of The Lights (Interlude)/All Of The Lights: 9.5
Monster: 9
The Joy: 9
Devil In A New Dress: 9.5
Runaway: 10
Hell Of A Life: 9.5
Blame Game: 9.5
Lost In The World/Who Will Survive In America: 9

Overall, this may be Kanye's most consistent album quality-wise. There is no "Barry Bonds" or "Celebration" or "New Workout Plan" track that bogs down the album as a whole. I'm a bit leary to give a classic status to some tracks only because I have a Kanye bias, naturally I think most of the album is a classic. When people were saying this was the Sgt. Pepper of hip-hop records, they were right. This album will change how people react to quality in the mainstream world. I believe Rolling Stone said it best when they said that this album maximizes our visions rather than stick to our everyday down-trodden lifestyles since the start of the recession.

I mean honestly, are people going to be listening Lil Wayne after this album? Lil Wayne could never deliver a product like this. Drake could never deliver a product like this. Hell, even the underground might get shaken up. We know that Madlib, Pete Rock, RZA and DJ Premier had some sort of say on the album. Will you honestly go back to listening to Gucci Mane after this album?

Every genre has that album that just changes things. MBDTF will teach hip-hop practitioners that quality and taste must come before making money and getting radio play. This whole Rosewood movement? That's what it's about: for nearly four or five years, hip hop has hit this terrible rut where people don't care about what they are listening to. But now, we got lyrics, great beats, great arrangements. I mean seriously, other than the other greats in hip-hop who pushed boundaries (J Dilla, El-P, RZA, Pete Rock, Q-Tip), who are you gonna listen to? It's time to move forward in hip-hop. And this album is gonna help do that.

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
Overall 3
Lyrics: 4
Beats: 2
Musical Content / Arrangement: 3
Theme: 5
Emotion: 3
Replay Value: 3

Overall his worst album, probably worst album of the year too, disappointed

Forgot too add this smh

:problem?:

·
Registered
10,383 Posts
Gorgeous: 8.5
Power: 9.9
All Of The Lights (Interlude) 10
All Of The Lights 8
Monster: 7.5
So Appalled 7
Devil In A New Dress: 8.5
Runaway: 9.5
Hell Of A Life: 9
Blame Game: 9

Overall 9.25
Lyrics: 8
Theme: 9
Emotion: 9

·
Registered
387 Posts
Szohr said:
Overall 3

i cant take this seriously, especially with emotion at 3

·
Premium Member
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The Illmatic Dropout said:

Overall, this may be Kanye's most consistent album quality-wise. There is no "Barry Bonds" or "Celebration" or "New Workout Plan" track that bogs down the album as a whole. I'm a bit leary to give a classic status to some tracks only because I have a Kanye bias, naturally I think most of the album is a classic. When people were saying this was the Sgt. Pepper of hip-hop records, they were right. This album will change how people react to quality in the mainstream world. I believe Rolling Stone said it best when they said that this album maximizes our visions rather than stick to our everyday down-trodden lifestyles since the start of the recession.

I mean honestly, are people going to be listening Lil Wayne after this album? Lil Wayne could never deliver a product like this. Drake could never deliver a product like this. Hell, even the underground might get shaken up. We know that Madlib, Pete Rock, RZA and DJ Premier had some sort of say on the album. Will you honestly go back to listening to Gucci Mane after this album?

Every genre has that album that just changes things. MBDTF will teach hip-hop practitioners that quality and taste must come before making money and getting radio play. This whole Rosewood movement? That's what it's about: for nearly four or five years, hip hop has hit this terrible rut where people don't care about what they are listening to. But now, we got lyrics, great beats, great arrangements. I mean seriously, other than the other greats in hip-hop who pushed boundaries (J Dilla, El-P, RZA, Pete Rock, Q-Tip), who are you gonna listen to? It's time to move forward in hip-hop. And this album is gonna help do that.
good read dude

·
Premium Member
4,077 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Szohr said:
Overall 3

you def trollin bruh lol

·
Banned
260,958 Posts

Beautiful posts, couldnt of said it better myself

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Overall: 9.8
Lyrics: 9 (All of the Lights...)
Music Content: 10
Emotion: 10
Replay Value: 8

Kanye's Masterpiece

·
Registered
26,385 Posts
Overall: 9.5
Lyrics: 8.5
Beats: 9.5
Musical Content / Arrangement:9
Theme: 9.5
Emotion: 8.5
Replay Value: 8.5

·
Registered
10,343 Posts
Overall : 9
Lyrics: 7.0
Beats:10.0`
Musical Content / Arrangement: 10.0
Theme:9.0
Emotion: 10.0
Replay Value: 9

·
Registered
301 Posts

I enjoyed the read, but you can't really say there's a track that bogged down the album when you took a song out you didn't like and put on in you did.  HAHAHAHA

·
Registered
1,785 Posts
Overall 9.9
Lyrics: 9.5
Replay Value: 9.9

Dark Fantasy - 10
Gorgeous - 10