Kanye to The banner

~DREAMS~

1K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  KingPremium 
#1 ·
I've been having these crazy ass dreams lately. I'm not even sure it's right to call them "dreams", more like experiences really. Not crazy in a bad way. I mean crazy like some shit I've never ever experienced before, and they're happening just about every time I fall asleep without fail. Even short naps conjure up some epic experiences. Now I look forward to falling asleep and experiencing what awaits... 
I'm not sure what they're supposed to mean or how long they'll last but I do know that I am now more content with my life, friends, and family. Overall I'm a much happier human being.

I would try to explain these dreams/experiences to you but then I'd probably come off as a nut.
All in all.... Life is great.  :epic:
Anyone ever lucid dream?

Feel free to post up your dreams and/or expeiences.

#4 ·
LehZeR said:
we don't remember half of our dreams sometimes we just don't realize. Like if we set an alarm for every couple hours of the night I'm sure we'd remember things we never would've remembered in the morning. Dreams are fucking weird but fascinating
Yea, it's said that the mind only remembers the last dream you have before you wake up.
Even then they fade quickly from memory. Within a few minutes pieces of it will be lost and unrecoverable from your mind.
Some people believe that it is your body defending itself from those thoughts and images. Why? No one knows.
You brain also produces one of the most illicit and most illegal drugs while your dreaming. Called Dimethyltryptamine (DMT)

Several speculative and yet untested hypotheses suggest that endogenous DMT, produced in the human brain, is involved in certain psychological and neurological states. DMT is naturally produced in small amounts in the brain and other tissues of humans and other mammals.

Some believe it plays a role in mediating the visual effects of natural dreaming, and also near-death experiences, religious visions and other mystical states.

A biochemical mechanism for this was proposed by the medical researcher J. C. Callaway, who suggested in 1988 that DMT might be connected with visual dream phenomena, where brain DMT levels are periodically elevated to induce visual dreaming and possibly other natural states of mind.

A new hypothesis proposed is that in addition to being involved in altered states of consciousness, endogenous DMT may be involved in the creation of normal waking states of consciousness. It is proposed that DMT and other endogenous hallucinogens mediate their neurological abilities by acting as neurotransmitters at a sub class of the trace amine receptors; a group of receptors found in the CNS where DMT and other hallucinogens have been shown to have activity. Wallach further proposes that in this way waking consciousness can be thought of as a controlled psychedelic experience. It is when the control of these systems becomes loosened and their behavior no longer correlates with the external world that the altered states arise.
All this occurring naturally in the human brain.

#6 ·
This is weird. ok, i had a dream where i was in a room with my cousins playing video games. Ive been practicing lucid dreaming for awhile (shit actually works and its crazy try it). So while were playing i realise im in a dream and i get that feeling of lucid dreaming (if you have lucid dreamnt before youll know what im talking about.) So then i get up and try to convince my cousin in my dream that he is also dreaming. I remember just shaking him telling him that were both dreaming and him just staring at me blankly. fucked up.

#7 ·
WESTNiNE9 said:
Yea, it's said that the mind only remembers the last dream you have before you wake up.
Even then they fade quickly from memory. Within a few minutes pieces of it will be lost and unrecoverable from your mind.
Some people believe that it is your body defending itself from those thoughts and images. Why? No one knows.
You brain also produces one of the most illicit and most illegal drugs while your dreaming. Called Dimethyltryptamine (DMT)

Several speculative and yet untested hypotheses suggest that endogenous DMT, produced in the human brain, is involved in certain psychological and neurological states. DMT is naturally produced in small amounts in the brain and other tissues of humans and other mammals.

Some believe it plays a role in mediating the visual effects of natural dreaming, and also near-death experiences, religious visions and other mystical states.

A biochemical mechanism for this was proposed by the medical researcher J. C. Callaway, who suggested in 1988 that DMT might be connected with visual dream phenomena, where brain DMT levels are periodically elevated to induce visual dreaming and possibly other natural states of mind.

A new hypothesis proposed is that in addition to being involved in altered states of consciousness, endogenous DMT may be involved in the creation of normal waking states of consciousness. It is proposed that DMT and other endogenous hallucinogens mediate their neurological abilities by acting as neurotransmitters at a sub class of the trace amine receptors; a group of receptors found in the CNS where DMT and other hallucinogens have been shown to have activity. Wallach further proposes that in this way waking consciousness can be thought of as a controlled psychedelic experience. It is when the control of these systems becomes loosened and their behavior no longer correlates with the external world that the altered states arise.
All this occurring naturally in the human brain.
yeah like i said, fascinating, but you lost me a bit on the last paragraph

#8 ·
FredChicken said:
This is weird. ok, i had a dream where i was in a room with my cousins playing video games. Ive been practicing lucid dreaming for awhile (shit actually works and its crazy try it). So while were playing i realise im in a dream and i get that feeling of lucid dreaming (if you have lucid dreamnt before youll know what im talking about.) So then i get up and try to convince my cousin in my dream that he is also dreaming. I remember just shaking him telling him that were both dreaming and him just staring at me blankly. fucked up.
That is fucked up, why would you want to lucid dream it seems like a bad experience to me. Like that dream sounds weird as shit

#13 ·
sanfranbravesfan said:
i started keeping a dream journal to write my dreams in when i wake up. im interested in lucid dreaming and controlling your dreams and shit but i havent been able to do it myself. any hints or help for people who have done it?
Honestly theres nothing that you can do to prepare or anything. Just understand the concept of lucid dreaming. Then look for signs your in a dream (people not responding, how you feel, the world around you, fictional shit), this is pretty hard because a dream goes by fast. But once you realise you get this awakening feeling and your free to live in your dream.

#14 ·
sanfranbravesfan said:
i started keeping a dream journal to write my dreams in when i wake up. im interested in lucid dreaming and controlling your dreams and shit but i havent been able to do it myself. any hints or help for people who have done it?
Yea I keep a dream journal too. I'm starting to get into lucid dreaming as well. Haven't acheived it yet but I'm still working on it.

Visit this site http://www.dreamviews.com/content/
and look over this picture. http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/641/1282718587295.jpg
Both really helpful.

#17 ·
Wake Up Mr. West said:
The site a mentioned @ sanfranbravesfan seems to have the best knowledge base in one location. http://www.dreamviews.com/content/
Also bits and pieces from google. http://www.bing.com/search?q=dream+%2B+lucid&form=OSDSRC

I picked up a book at Borders yesterday called "I Had the Strangest Dream... The Dreamer's Dictionary for the 21st Century". Just cracked it open but seems insightful so far.

Description from Amazon: ... 21st century dreamers will finally have the tools they need to tap into the power of their dreams in order to become more productive and tranquil human beings.

#25 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.