Kanye to The banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1

The music video is simple, consisting of various shots of wildlife interspersed with Drake and Rihanna embracing as well as Drake on his own. It is all filmed in beautiful black and white with occasional color washes. The overall effect is very elegant fitting the song perfectly. French music video director Yoann Lemoine put together the clip. Among his other recent successes are Lana Del Rey's "Born To Die" and Katy Perry's "Teenage Dream." The magic of the clip is all in its editing, and the editing process is reportedly what caused multiple delays in the release of the "Take Care" video.

"Take Care" has a far more complicated history than the usual pop hit. It began as a bluesy song titled "I'll Take Care Of You" written by Brook Benton and recorded by Bobby Bland. The single release peaked at #89 on the Billboard Hot 100 in 1960. The song was then covered by a number of artists, most notably Gil Scott-Heron on his final album, I'm New Here, in 2010. Jamie xx of the band the xx remixed "I'll Take Care Of You," and it is this instrumental track that forms the basis of "Take Care." Rihanna sings the original words of the song while Drake raps. "Take Care" peaked at #7 on the Billboard Hot 100 and is certified platinum for sales. Check out the video below.
SOURCE:
http://top40.about.com/b/2012/04/10/drakes-take-care-video-is-as-beautifully-elegant-as-the-song.htm​

1 - 3 of 3 Posts