Kanye to The banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Banned
12,240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It isn't that he hasn't evolved from NWTS. He actually has evolved so much. Now what he looks for is a phrase or a few words that flow with the beat vividly. Sure he's been using that bravado flow but those are more for his "bars" tracks now. Look at Jungle and Hotline Bling. The way he croons on those songs makes it what it is. It's always been about harnessing the song with his lyricism and controlling it to his will. Jungle sounds so beautiful and only my ***** Drizzy could do that. :jordancry:

·
Registered
19,198 Posts
A perfect example is his verse on  Work.

·
Banned
2,880 Posts
Hey Vietbrah could you quote that Fader interview where he talks about the beat clicking with words and wrapping vocals?

I'm too lazy to spoonfeed brain-peasants.

·
Banned
2,880 Posts
xxxxxxx said:
drama verse
You shouldn't have bothered giving him an example. That's not even the best example. One of the best examples is on the remix of the Wizkid song i can't even spell. Oluegba or some shit.

I hate this thread because:
1. It's exposing a songwriting secret.

2. He said something that's been stated already in a high profile interview.

3. Something else that irks me.

·
Registered
47,707 Posts
OVONinja said:
You shouldn't have bothered giving him an example. That's not even the best example. One of the best examples is on the remix of the Wizkid song i can't even spell. Oluegba or some shit.

'different then it was before' is a great example imo

·
Premium Member
53,595 Posts
Before clicking the thread when seeing "Drake's flow evolved..". I immediately thought, "...to ride off of the beat".

Good shit OP. :h5:

·
Premium Member
21,561 Posts
OVONinja said:

:dead:

1 - 20 of 155 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.