Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 146 Posts

·
Premium Member
72,740 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tbh

i was just reading a noisey interview/article on Drake

there's no deeper layer to him that the interviewer finds, he's just himself, a normal personable guy..what you see is what you get

same thing with his music i think, you know exactly what you're getting when you listen to a Drake album, there's never an element of surprise or shock

Kanye's so eccentric/outrageous and that's partially why music critics love him, he challenges you in terms of him being a personality and his music, namely everything after graduation

Drake doesn't make challenging music, his subject matter isn't challenging..it never really surprises you or makes you think, it's just there

there aren't going to be thinkpieces made about a drake album and what it means..

so

yeah.

that's why i don't think Drake's possible of making something even close to mbdtf

:dno:

·
Registered
539 Posts
Sort of get what you're saying but how many "normal " people do you know were millionaires who toured the world and sold out arenas and had number one albums fucking models and video vixens as frequently as they come by the age of 26? Is drake really that normal anymore?

·
Registered
24,468 Posts
That's actually his force, when Kanye rants and actions can seem fabricated Drake stays true to himself (at least it seems like it). I dont think that's uninteresting, esp in the show business where plenty of artists try to fake craziness to get more attention.

1 - 20 of 146 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.