Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,223 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The rock and rap worlds collide on two tracks from Lenny Kravitz' new album Black and White America, due August 30. Jay-Z spits a verse on the thunderous "Boongie Drop" and Drake guests on the feel-good "Sunflower," co-written by Lenny and Swizz Beatz.

"When I wrote 'Boongie Drop' I heard a rap in the middle, and I immediately heard Jay's voice and we had collaborated twice before, so I called him and when I went to New York I put him on the track," the rocker told Billboard. "And then I got on the phone with Drake for ['Sunflower'] before he had even heard the track and he said, 'Yeah, I'll do it. I'm a fan and I love your work and I would love to be on it.' So that was cool."

Neither rapper can be heard on the 90-second snippets, but you can still get a feel for the songs.

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/08/02/preview-lenny-kravitz-collaborations-with-jay-z-and-drake-audio/

--------------

This should be interesting. After listening to the snippet, I honestly don't know how I'm gonna feel about this...hope Drake kills it & 40 somehow changes up the beat. Snippet of "Sunflower" made the song sound really boring to me tbh.

Album's out August 30th so we'll probably get it around August 25thish (if it leaks) or even earlier if it's a single.

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Drake would be on the track called "Sunflower" lol But the snippet was pretty interesting. I could hear him doing something unique with it. I didn't mind the snippet Jay will be on either even though it kinda sounded generic.

·
Registered
28,071 Posts
ThatChick said:
Drake would be on the track called "Sunflower" lol But the snippet was pretty interesting. I could hear him doing something unique with it. I didn't mind the snippet Jay will be on either even though it kinda sounded generic.
Haters gon eat that up big time

·
Registered
4,489 Posts
Dark-Zero said:
Haters gon eat that up big time
At this point, though, does it matter?? Lol  He's clearly do some things right in the midst of being clowned all the time.

I think Drake is becoming one of those entertainers that people can joke about and enjoy at the same time.  People make fun and then buy his stuff regardless, it seems.......

·
Registered
28,071 Posts
ThatChick said:
At this point, though, does it matter?? Lol  He's clearly do some things right in the midst of being clowned all the time.

I think Drake is becoming one of those entertainers that people can joke about and enjoy at the same time.  People make fun and then buy his stuff regardless, it seems.......
To some people it matters because then to them,he is too soft to listen to regardless of how good his music is overall just like kanye in a sense lol

1 - 20 of 24 Posts