Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to know why he would ever use a monotone voice when he has has one of the most bouncy, entertaining voices in rap. Seriously, this man could make enjoyable acapella songs if he wanted to.

Drake's raps always sound the best when he sounds like he's having fun. You'll see this in songs like Amen, Versace, Pop That and even Still Here. It's obvious that Drake has the ability to bring life to a track

We need more songs where Drake uses his voice similar to an instrument rather than songs such as 100 and 100it racks. I didn't even know Drake was capable of being boring until I heard his voice on these tracks.

·
Registered
19,198 Posts
Rich boii confirmed worst user along with DrakesHeart

·
Banned
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
franny said:
hope he only uses his monotone voice from now on
Never seen one constructive post from you. I don't know how you got your mod position nor do I know if you even listen to Drake

·
Premium Member
108,473 Posts
rich boi said:
Never seen one constructive post from you. I don't know how you got your mod position nor do I know if you even listen to Drake
Sorry for voicing my opinion i guess? :joe:

·
Banned
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The Resort said:
OP I think that only shows his versatility... It would be too predictable if he used the same voice every time
This is exactly my point. He can attack a beat in so many ways, so why use the monotonous approach? I think it only works in cases such as Charged Up where he wants to show how calculated he is

·
Registered
10,384 Posts
I kinda agree tbh. I mean I don't think his monotone flow is bad but I always prefer when he's energetic and clear, makes it seem like he's spitting harder too lol

·
Registered
2,712 Posts
rich boi said:
This is exactly my point. He can attack a beat in so many ways, so why use the monotonous approach? I think it only works in cases such as Charged Up where he wants to show how calculated he is
Nooo you're missing my point... I think :huh: he can pull out different flows for days but when it comes to voice inflections there's only so many ways you can do it. That being said I love the monotonous voice on songs like pop style, charged up etc.

·
Banned
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
beantown00 said:
I kinda agree tbh. I mean I don't think his monotone flow is bad but I always prefer when he's energetic and clear, makes it seem like he's spitting harder too lol
Exactly. Compare Pop Style's second verse to its first and you'll realize how much better energetic Drizzy is than monotone Drizzy

·
Registered
2,858 Posts
OP you're not wrong, but music and artistry at Drake's level is more than just what sounds good, it's about capturing a mood, emotion, and energy.. Song's like 100it racks, he's clearly just channeling this faded, arrogant emotion hence the flow

·
Registered
35,499 Posts
KTTMusic said:
OP you're not wrong, but music and artistry at Drake's level is more than just what sounds good, it's about capturing a mood, emotion, and energy.. Song's like 100it racks, he's clearly just channeling this faded, arrogant emotion hence the flow
RT

1 - 20 of 34 Posts