Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
423 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really think Drake should take inspiration from Kanye in the design and fashion sphere.
Why has the OVO stuff been so whack lately? There's like 25 different 'Know Yourself' pieces in every different color. Drake really think this shit is hot?
I hate to say it but for OVO to build as a brand, Drake really needs to feed off that hype beast mentality. Kanye has mastered this, he knows how to influence the masses and culture in a way that makes people line up for whatever he does.

·
Registered
133,915 Posts
Views Ting said:
I really think Drake should take inspiration from Kanye in the design and fashion sphere.
Why has the OVO stuff been so whack lately? There's like 25 different 'Know Yourself' pieces in every different color. Drake really think this shit is hot?
I hate to say it but for OVO to build as a brand, Drake really needs to feed off that hype beast mentality. Kanye has mastered this, he knows how to influence the masses and culture in a way that makes people line up for whatever he does.
then why he lose 50M fucking with fashion
Ye don't know shit about building a brand

·
Premium Member
72,740 Posts
Ant Geezy said:
then why he lose 50M fucking with fashion
Ye don't know shit about building a brand
has nothing to do with the revenue/ hype his brand carries though

the money he lost was before his clothing/merch really popped off like that

·
Banned
4,886 Posts
Rather than focus on fashion, they should put that money towards funding music videos and sending songs to mainstream radio for OVO artists

·
Banned
11,423 Posts
Thought this was about the label (which is doing better than GOOD music) but you definitely wrong op OVO Shop actually improved last year and especially alot this year from the layout of the store to the higher quality products even got shipping down to a tea recently.

The only thing they could do better is release more new stuff more often.

As for Kanye I've never seen anyone actually wear his stuff irl. Both lines are aiming for different goals anyway Drake changing the fashion world and Kanye doing a line for his fans and as fallback.

·
Premium Member
72,740 Posts
Earth Angel said:
Thought this was about the label (which is doing better than GOOD music) but you definitely wrong op OVO Shop actually improved last year and especially alot this year from the layout of the store to the higher quality products even got shipping down to a tea recently.

The only thing they could do better is release more new stuff more often.

As for Kanye I've never seen anyone actually wear his stuff irl. Both lines are aiming for different goals anyway Drake changing the fashion world and Kanye doing a line for his fans and as fallback.
it's not funny stop it it's not clever like I get it I used to do it too it's just not as funny as u think it is

·
Registered
35,205 Posts
Seen this dude with a fake owl hoodie on the other day I didn't say anything because I was gonna let the heat choke his dumbass

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
their collection seems uninspired but that's one of the cons of mass producing clothing vs. having original pieces

the t-shirts are fine. if you need something classy/minimal they have have the embroidered owls, if you need something more urban/street wear they have prints like the owl gaze, if you need something athletic they have that too + the limited edition ovo x raptors merch and ovo x jordan merch

I like that they have business casual wear, but the price point vs. the pieces themself is ludicrous especially when you can buy designer for a little more

but I wouldn't say be more like kanye since kanye's brand/style is very different from the direction drake/ovo are going

kanye is going for original pieces in his yeezy seasons, whereas ovo is still mass producing hats/shirts/sweaters with their logo

·
Registered
1,349 Posts
Views Ting said:
you must be new to this section or to drakes music in general, he doesnt care for fashion at all.It's olivers thing.
you shouldnt compare the brand kanye with the brand ovo, those are 2 different types of brands instead its drake and kanye, ovo and good.
OVO as a brand and as a label has enough time to grow, its a different kind of marketing and like drake said ovo is more like a culture or lifestyle than anything else.

·
Registered
10,029 Posts
They don't need public stunt to hype shit, ovo brand is doing it right let the music speak, also clothing too we don't know how successful it's doing, ovo brand is still ran like a indie label which I like. Y'all forget universal is the big machine behind drake. Ovo don't have that kind of funding music wise

·
Banned
2,880 Posts
Chinx said:
it's not funny stop it it's not clever like I get it I used to do it too it's just not as funny as u think it is
What are you talking about?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts