Kanye to The banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 260 Posts

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ALWAYS see Kanye Stans (like myself) and Drake Stans at each others fucking throats. But whats the point? Its a waste of energy. If EVERYBODY liked the same artist and the same fucking music, wouldnt be a such thing as difference of opinion, and different taste. Fuck Opinion for a moment and state FACT. Drake fans are always saying "Drake has surrpassed Kanye" Here is the thing, EVERYTHING has a beggining and an end. EVERY Artist has his reign and eventually EVERY artist falls off. So yes this is VERY possible that Drizzy can surpass ye especially if Drake keeps making albums like Thank Me Later, and Take Care. But unfortunately TWO albums and a VERY GOOD mixtape arent enough, not even fucking close. When you look at Kanye West your talking about a Genius mastermind, an artist. First off if it wasnt for Kanye West there sure as hell wouldnt be rappers like Drake, Kid Cudi, Tyler, The Creator, Childish Gambino etc. He the one who made it cool to be different in Hip Hop. Plus just Look at Kanye West discography, and His accomplisments and they speak for themselves no need for an argument. Drake is an amazing artist, and I belive he is one the the future GOATs if he keeps going but he isnt the ONLY artist who has potential to eclispe Kanye West. I could name TONS!! WAY too many people abuse the term classic and goat nowadays tbh. If you think Drake is better than Kanye then thats your opinion. But the FACT is that if drake is or anyone else is going ot surpass Kanye West then they have a VERY VERY Long way to go. :hat:

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Chris C. said:
Not really relevant, but Outkast made it cool to be different in hip hop not Kanye
If I was wrong then :kanyeshrug: I was just trying to prove a point from a mature point of view. Not Drake and Kanye fans/stans cussing each other the fuck out all the time. I just want everybody to be cool and shit.

·
Registered
75,194 Posts
Mr.Cheese said:
If I was wrong then :kanyeshrug: I was just trying to prove a point from a mature point of view. Not Drake and Kanye fans/stans cussing each other the fuck out all the time. I just want everybody to be cool and shit.
Word I respect that. It's annoying to see violent arguments over Drake vs Kanye

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Chris C. said:
Word I respect that. It's annoying to see violent arguments over Drake vs Kanye
Yeah you can say that again. If anyone were to surpass Kanye, I would love for it to be someone like drake, and not some Muscian who has no creativy etc. Tbfh I dont see why Drake and Kanye fans/stans best friends.

·
Registered
75,194 Posts
Mr.Cheese said:
Yeah you can say that again. If anyone were to surpass Kanye, I would love for it to be someone like drake, and not some Muscian who has no creativy etc. Tbfh I dont see why Drake and Kanye fans/stans best friends.
I'm not a huge Drake fan tbh, and Jay Electronica is the only artist I see surpassing Kanye, but u right

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
Real spit OP. I have always been a huge fan of both artists and its annoying as fuck when people pit and argue these two together. Not because they are two of my few favorite in hip hop but simply Drake has yet to reach the artistry that Ye has. I'm not taking anything away from him because he is a great artist in his own like yet its still too early in his career & he still has some growing to do not only as a musician.

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
23. said:
Real spit OP. I have always been a huge fan of both artists and its annoying as fuck when people pit and argue these two together. Not because they are two of my few favorite in hip hop but simply Drake has yet to reach the artistry that Ye has. I'm not taking anything away from him because he is a great artist in his own like yet its still too early in his career & he still has some growing to do not only as a musician.
:h5: I dont see why Drake and Kanye Fans arent freinds! It confuses the shit out of me... :work:

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
goonbag said:
to do a fair comparison.......cd >>> tml  debut vs debut    lr >> tc  sophmore vs sophmore

tbh only time will tell, drake def has major 'commercial' appeal as long as he can maintain his artistic integrity..who knows
I truly believe Drake will keep his artistic integrity. Thats why take care imo is borderline a classic. Its just a beautiful album. But yes your right only time will tell.

·
Premium Member
7,335 Posts
Here's where I stand on this debate :

I don't think Drake will ever make a record as good as The College Dropout, Late Registration, Graduation, 808s & Heartbreak, or My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy.

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
Mr.Cheese said:
:h5: I dont see why Drake and Kanye Fans arent freinds! It confuses the shit out of me... :work:
exactly. That shit blows my mind. People even try to blow down on me for being a fan of both, like I'm committing a sin. :cmon:

Stans take this music shit way too serious like Drake & Ye are signing checks in their name. :hah:

·
Banned
2,272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
23. said:
exactly. That shit blows my mind. People even try to blow down on me for being a fan of both, like I'm committing a sin. :cmon:

Stans take this music shit way too serious like Drake & Ye are signing checks in their name. :hah:
:hah: yeah I get that shit too. I go in the Ye section and say Im a Drake fans and ****** just say immature and stupid shit :facepalm: And ppl like that are exactly the reason most Drake fans hate the fuckin Kanye section. The shit needs to stop srsly.

·
Registered
7,298 Posts
Mr.Cheese said:
:hah: yeah I get that shit too. I go in the Ye section and say Im a Drake fans and ****** just say immature and stupid shit :facepalm: And ppl like that are exactly the reason most Drake fans hate the fuckin Kanye section. The shit needs to stop srsly.
Word! Thats why I typically stay away from the Kanye & Music sections. Too many stans with internet elitist state of minds.

1 - 20 of 260 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.