Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 92 Posts

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kanye drops this month? or this Fall? He would't drop same month as Drake or even the next two months.

Looks like we have to wait until the end of the years boys :cryfam:

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Yeah he's gonna have to announce something soon, there's no reason for him to reactivate twitter now and not do that. I think that was his plan. So hopefully sooner than later but if he wants to hit charts it'll be later.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thenite said:
Yeah he's gonna have to announce something soon, there's no reason for him to reactivate twitter now and not do that. I think that was his plan. So hopefully sooner than later but if he wants to hit charts it'll be later.
so you are saying he releases BEFORE Drake?

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
Wes Craven said:
so you are saying he releases BEFORE Drake?
Well he did reactivate Twitter now, if he planned on putting the album out in like fall, wouldn't it make sense to reactivate twitter by the end of summer? He's got a huge audience now that are waiting to hear what he has to say. So he either drops before Drake, or he drops in the fall. Depends on what kind of an album it is too so :kanyeshrug:

·
Registered
26,737 Posts
Wes Craven said:
He would't drop same month as Drake or even the next two months.
No offense but I've never understood this line of thinking. I always see, "Kanye's not gonna drop this album/single in ____ because ____ is dropping then" but like... he's proven time and time again he has no problem doing that.

G

·
ANTI. said:
No offense but I've never understood this line of thinking. I always see, "Kanye's not gonna drop this album/single in ____ because ____ is dropping then" but like... he's proven time and time again he has no problem doing that.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
ANTI. said:
ehhh

You are missing the point. Kanye's not concerned with sales, he's concerned with exposure. He wants maximum exposure the album and Drake is really his only competition in terms of what hip hop record would capture the attention of everyone. Kendrick too.

So he may not be thinking "Oh I'll sell less records than Drake or do fewer streams" but my guess is that he wants to do it either before or way after to maximize exposure.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
GoatMan3000 said:
Kanye will drop when ever he feels like it
I’m sure kanye could care less about album sales
ehhh

You are missing the point. Kanye's not concerned with sales, he's concerned with exposure. He wants maximum exposure the album and Drake is really his only competition in terms of what hip hop record would capture the attention of everyone. Kendrick too.

So he may not be thinking "Oh I'll sell less records than Drake or do fewer streams" but my guess is that he wants to do it either before or way after to maximize exposure.

·
Registered
18,497 Posts
Wes Craven said:
ehhh

he'll get the exposure he needs in any moment tho. kanye releases are pretty monumental moments for music. dont see what aiming for maximum initial exposure is gonna do when we'll be playing the album for the next decade plus and everyone who can listen to it will anyways.

Its not like we are dealing with someone who needs a strategic drop

·
Registered
18,497 Posts
ANTI. said:

·
Registered
17,322 Posts
thenite said:
What led you to think August 24th
lmaooo
HUGE REACH
but looking at that other thread about Kanye and drake dropping the same year I noticed the days between releases go

2010: 5 months 7days
2011: 3 months 7 days
2013: 3 months 6 days
2016: 2 months 15 days
2018: 2 months 9 days

I got the 9 days cuz the last two drops were 1 day away from a full week/2weeks and 15-6 = 9 lol, and 2 months 9 days between release let’s them both drop on a Friday

I decided to go with June 15 for Drake cuz that’s the anniversary of his first studio album and he’s dropped on the 15th of the month a few other times. And for every Kanye drop, his album always releases before drake does, with the exception of Drake’s first album because drake dropped his first that year, so that plays into the thought that Drake would drop his album first this year

Essentially with this logic, if Kanye were to drop first Kanye would drop this Friday April 20th and Drake would drop Friday June 29th

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
ProdiYe said:
lmaooo
HUGE REACH
but looking at that other thread about Kanye and drake dropping the same year I noticed the days between releases go

2010: 5 months 7days
2011: 3 months 7 days
2013: 3 months 6 days
2016: 2 months 15 days
2018: 2 months 9 days

I got the 9 days cuz the last two drops were 1 day away from a full week/2weeks and 15-6 = 9 lol, and 2 months 9 days between release let’s them both drop on a Friday

I decided to go with June 15 for Drake cuz that’s the anniversary of his first studio album and he’s dropped on the 15th of the month a few other times. And for every Kanye drop, his album always releases before drake does, with the exception of Drake’s first album because drake dropped his first that year, so that plays into the thought that Drake would drop his album first this year

Essentially with this logic, if Kanye were to drop first Kanye would drop this Friday April 20th and Drake would drop Friday June 29th
Jeez my man did the math.
Yeah if Ye drops soon it’ll be this or next week. At least a single. But if not then I don’t think he’ll drop it in the midst of Drake hype just cause he won’t get as much exposure. So we either eating soon or we eating in late summer/early fall.

·
Registered
17,322 Posts
thenite said:
Jeez my man did the math.
Yeah if Ye drops soon it’ll be this or next week. At least a single. But if not then I don’t think he’ll drop it in the midst of Drake hype just cause he won’t get as much exposure. So we either eating soon or we eating in late summer/early fall.
I wish he would just tell us when if it’s soon or not lmao but at the same time I’d really love a suprise release

·
Registered
6,752 Posts
GoatMan3000 said:
it'd be nice if he cared a little bit, especially these days when stans put so much emphasis on sales. i just want him to have a conventional release and for him to do huge numbers first week :mm:

·
Read Only
22,315 Posts
GoatMan3000 said:
He cares about attention though, and he doesn't want Drake taking that.

And of course he cares about commerical performance.

·
Read Only
8,123 Posts
thenite said:
Well he did reactivate Twitter now, if he planned on putting the album out in like fall, wouldn't it make sense to reactivate twitter by the end of summer? He's got a huge audience now that are waiting to hear what he has to say. So he either drops before Drake, or he drops in the fall. Depends on what kind of an album it is too so :kanyeshrug:
nothing Kanye does makes sense, I don't understand what's so hard to understand about that. He's not a predictable person. He's erratic and random.

1 - 20 of 92 Posts