Kanye to The banner

Double Standard for Ye and Jay?

1K views 13 replies 12 participants last post by  7J9kV9v0M1go82 
#1 ·
Why is it that when Ye and Jay brag about money, people shit on them and complain and say people cant relate
but
when guys like Rick Ross and Lil Wayne drops entire albums about money/bling etc people dont have a problem and even laud them for it?

G
#11 ·
cbaca said:
cus kanye & jay are creative when doing it and that weezy bitch aint
not really tbh, they're rhymes about their wealth isn't creative at all. Rhymes about money, cars & hoes has been a subject that's been used in Hip Hop for decades, since the genre was first made. The early forms of Hip Hop was all about bragging.

I love money raps so I had noproblem with them talking about the shit they have in the first place, Hip Hop is never going to stop being materialistic and I don't want it to tbh, it makes people feel bad ass.

G
#14 ·
DoctaCarrera said:
Because they expect more out of them. Kanye West and Jay-Z have shown they can go deeper and give true music. The other guys were bred into cheap lyrics about money, hoes and clothes.
Hov has been rapping about his wealth for a whole decade and he actually goes deeper on this album than he has with some of his other albums tbh.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.