Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since the Music section's blowing up with these kind of threads I thought I'd do one for games. Mainly because I wouldn't really feel comfortable doing one on music because I don't listen to enough stuff.

Warning - I have never beaten a Mario game. I've never owned a Zelda game. I didn't have a Playstation 1. I am the one person in all of America and Japan that would call themselves a "gamer" yet never owned a PS2. This isn't a list of games that I would call the technically "best" in anything in particular, just the games that, in my 20 years of life, have captivated me in some way or another.

25 - X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter

I don't remember much about the game, mainly because I was 5 years old when it came out. I played it with my dad and brother all the time though, and of the very limited amount of flight games I've played, this one stood out as being the one that I actually had fun playing. Because of this game I've always wanted to buy a modern flight game like Ace Combat, but the price of flight sticks is ridiculous. I remember my mom said I wasn't allowed to play it anymore cuz I yelled "EAT THAT REBEL SCUMBAG" when I killed my brother one time :(

24 - Deadly Premonition

It's not the best game technically or mechanically, nor is it even passable graphically this gen. But there's something special about this game's story and general setting that makes it one of the most unique games I've ever experienced. It's that odd game that does everything "necessary" to be a good game wrong, but delivers in areas that so many games fall short in nowadays. I firmly believe that, had this game been made by a team of experienced programmers on the Unreal Engine, headed by Swery, it would have been one of the greatest single player games of all time. It's the only game I can think of with stagnant gameplay mechanics from one playthrough to the next that I've played through multiple times.

23 - NFL Blitz

This game was the definition of fun. My dad loved football games; He'd upgrade his computer every single year just to play the newest version of Madden. But for as much as we all loved playing Madden, Doom/Quake, and Diablo, Blitz was THE game we'd have playing if we had people over. The games were quick, the hits were comedic, and the plays were always crazy. I'm actually kind of disappointed in myself for not buying the arcade port of it when it came out. Next time I'm on my 360 I think I'm gunna fix that.

22 - Shadowrun

It's a shame that Shadowrun had to come out in 2007; A year earlier and it could have been massively played. A year later and maybe the netcoding wouldn't have been so bad. I didn't play a ton of the game, as its release was sandwiched between two other multiplayer games that I wound up loving, but if it was remade today with improved netcoding, I would buy it on release day in a heartbeat. I always regretted not getting too into the game. One of the most rewarding multiplayer games I've ever played.

21 - Bioshock

I don't remember much about Bioshock; In fact, I don't even remember how I wound up with the game. But its one of those games that every memory of is a crazy sequence, and I played it for literally 3 days straight. It's a shame the first one didn't wind up with MP, because I liked the 2nd's MP. Too bad the single player was awful compared to Bioshock 1.

·
Registered
6,763 Posts
MP in Bioshock 2 was a clusterfuck and should've been scrapped for a better single player experience.  I sincerely hope MP never returns in the franchise tbh.

·
Premium Member
8,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
20 - Dragon Ball Z - Super Saiya Denetsu

When I was around 10 or so I got my first computer that was mine and mine alone. My dad threw a few SNES and Gameboy games on it because he felt the need to introduce me to pirating at a very young age. Most of the games were bad DBZ and Spider Man games, but this was one that, for as bad as it is (I just recently tried playing again; It's bad), I played constantly. It's a card based RPG (Think Baten Kaitos but on the SNES and DBZ), and since I was all into card games when I was younger (Pokemon/DBZ/Yugioh/Magic) it struck a chord with me I guess.

19 - Madden 06

It's Madden, so there's really nothing to say. I've played every single Madden from '98 to '12, but this is the one that I had the most fun with. I've never been huge on actually playing the game; I liked playing GM and simulating the Franchise mode. Madden 06 was the one game that actually accommodated this because of how Player Progression worked. In Madden 05 players just didn't progress enough to have fun with the game in comparison to 06. They gutted the Franchise mode in the 360 version which hurt m deeply, as it was the very first game I played after getting a 360.

18 - Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare

It's a real shame the bullfuckery that this game wound up spawning within the gaming industry, but I did love the game's multiplayer. Actually, when I first got it (A week after it released), I hated it more than any game I'd ever played. I died instantly, constantly, every time I tried to play. My general FPS knowledge was so severely limited that I just couldn't handle "Shoot first to win" mechanics. A couple years later, with the hype train that was MW2 inbound, I picked up CoD4 again just to make sure I wouldn't need to buy MW2. I wound up falling in love with the game a month before MW2 came out, which really made my decision to give up on the game so quickly hurt even more.

17 - Monday Night Combat

I loved the feel of MNC right away, which is pretty rare for me with shooters. Unfortunately, the game fell victim to being a MP-only arcade game that didn't do anything to gain a massive fanbase. This led to it being impossible to find gams that had a playable server a few months after the game came out, which really ruined the game. Super MNC's definitely going to the top of my most anticipated games the second its release date gets announced.

16 - Tales of Vesperia

Vesperia gave me so many flashbacks to Symphonia, a game that'll be showing up high later on in my list, that I felt like I was playing a spiritual successor to it. Granted, I've not played too many Tales games (I'm making it a mission sooner or later to play them all), but from what I've been told, the games tend to be fairly different in minor ways from game to game. The only issue I had with this game was that the storyline wasn't overly engaging like in Symphonia. The combat and visuals however were perfect, and had I never played Symphonia, Vesperia might very well have wound up in my top 10.

·
Premium Member
8,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Emir Parkreiner said:
MP in Bioshock 2 was a clusterfuck and should've been scrapped for a better single player experience.  I sincerely hope MP never returns in the franchise tbh.
idk why but I loved the FPS tank control feeling. Most tankish games are Third person so it felt pretty unique. And like every rushed MP game it had a fun pistol :p

Stephen. said:
Never owned a Zelda game? Never beat a Mario game? :wom:
Final Fantasy too :ohno:

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
oh gawd, why is this happening? :oblivious:

I will always fight you about that Madden. QB Vision is still the dumbest idea EA ever had.

inb4 Gears of War 1 and 3 take the top 2 spots.

·
Premium Member
8,611 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
pederloo said:
oh gawd, why is this happening? :oblivious:

I will always fight you about that Madden. QB Vision is still the dumbest idea EA ever had.

inb4 Gears of War 1 and 3 take the top 2 spots.
I loved QB vision tbh.

When I actually played ******* couldn't abuse Vick constantly :twisted:

1 - 20 of 68 Posts