Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 372 Posts

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Let's keep the negative responses here to avoid flame wars with stans.

I'm halfway in and not liking it so far.

Yeah, it's very epic and all but not enjoyable in my opinion (which is funny cuz Jay-Z said earlier versions had this issue and they went back and changed it).

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
KidCastro said:
maybe It'll grow on you!
Maybe, maybe.

It's too current sounding if it makes sense.

I cringed at Kanye referencing Racks on Racks and Jay talking about planking.

I want the Black Album / Blueprint Jay and Late Registration / College Dropout Kanye. Is that too much to ask?

·
Registered
5,277 Posts
I'm still listening front to back, so far it's all good but Lift Off is an abomination. Like what the fuck was that?

The switch up was nice tho.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I also agree with the OP.  I posted in the release thread but my post disappeared 5 pages deep instantly.  I don't think the production/beats are all that great.  They are pretty plain compared to what I expect from Kanye.  Nothing all too memorable here as opposed to all his solo CDs.  His rapping is weak, Jay's is pretty good I have to admit.  There is a lot more singy songy choruses and mini-bridges on this CD, which I definitely didn't expect!  I was expecting straight verses of hip-hop goodness.  Not a big disappointment to me bc I kind of feel as though Kanye hasn't really been the same artist since the whole T Swift incident...

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
Trini_Bwoi said:
I'm still listening front to back, so far it's all good but Lift Off is an abomination. Like what the fuck was that?

The switch up was nice tho.
x2 >>>>

not that bad but i expected a lot more from beyonces voice and no proper chorus
i thought it be an anthem

·
Banned
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
bbestvin said:
I also agree with the OP.  I posted in the release thread but my post disappeared 5 pages deep instantly.  I don't think the production/beats are all that great.  They are pretty plain compared to what I expect from Kanye.  Nothing all too memorable here as opposed to all his solo CDs.  His rapping is weak, Jay's is pretty good I have to admit.  There is a lot more singy songy choruses and mini-bridges on this CD, which I definitely didn't expect!  I was expecting straight verses of hip-hop goodness.  Not a big disappointment to me bc I kind of feel as though Kanye hasn't really been the same artist since the whole T Swift incident...
Yeah my expectations weren't high for whatever reason so I'm not disappointed but I at least wanted some songs I could enjoy

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
bbestvin said:
It's pretty unbelievable the proclamations of this album being the best hip-hop album of all time.  Clearly not the case.
id picky any ye or jay album
this is why i dont like collab albums

i wouldve paid anything for a kanye solo album for this summer to fuck with over this

·
Registered
12,406 Posts
ChiTownGetDown said:
Maybe, maybe.

It's too current sounding if it makes sense.

I cringed at Kanye referencing Racks on Racks and Jay talking about planking.

I want the Black Album / Blueprint Jay and Late Registration / College Dropout Kanye. Is that too much to ask?
I thinks its great. I need more listens tho. some tracks have great beats and everything but they aint really got me. I think that will change with a few more listens and that amazing album packaging in my hands!

·
Registered
24,430 Posts
I need a day or so to listen to it a few times before I'm able to articulate my thoughts...but I'm slightly disappointed.

/edit Now that I think about it, I'm not 'disappointed', I'd just say it's not completely to my tastes. Like, some of the stuff I dislike on the album isn't BAD, it's just not something I like.

1 - 20 of 372 Posts