Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am a senior this year and plan on going to college next year...don't want to go in undecided.
Here's the thing, I feel the need to make a lot of money (not uncommon lol) and do something really big...I am not the type of person to just settle for an average job, I don't think I could do that. The problem is it seems the highest paying and safest majors are math/science related, and the math/science side of things are my worst/least favorite areas. The majors that interest me more tend to be some of the lowest paying/ hardest to get a job with majors.
I would love to work in music/entertainment/fashion/sports industry..that type of thing but they are all hard to break into and also really have more to do with networking and who you know than your major I guess.
I've never taken a marketing class, but marketing is something I think I would be really good at as one of my strongest features is knowing how each type of person will react to things..being able to see things from anyone's/alternative points of view basically. After reading up on it marketing doesn't seem like a very good thing to major in though.
I guess this is kind of a shot in the dark, but I thought I would post this in case there is anyone who maybe relates to my thinking/interests and has been through this before, and could give me some advice/suggestions for a major. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,807 Posts
yo that's insane because I am a senior this year and plan on going to college next year...don't want to go in undecided.
Here's the thing, I feel the need to make a lot of money (not uncommon lol) and do something really big...I am not the type of person to just settle for an average job, I don't think I could do that. The problem is it seems the highest paying and safest majors are math/science related, and the math/science side of things are my worst/least favorite areas. The majors that interest me more tend to be some of the lowest paying/ hardest to get a job with majors.
I would love to work in music/entertainment/fashion/sports industry..that type of thing but they are all hard to break into and also really have more to do with networking and who you know than your major I guess.
I've never taken a marketing class, but marketing is something I think I would be really good at as one of my strongest features is knowing how each type of person will react to things..being able to see things from anyone's/alternative points of view basically. After reading up on it marketing doesn't seem like a very good thing to major in though.
I guess this is kind of a shot in the dark, but I thought I would post this in case there is anyone who maybe relates to my thinking/interests and has been through this before, and could give me some advice/suggestions for a major. Thanks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,738 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BVB said:
yo that's insane because I am a senior this year and plan on going to college next year...don't want to go in undecided.
Here's the thing, I feel the need to make a lot of money (not uncommon lol) and do something really big...I am not the type of person to just settle for an average job, I don't think I could do that. The problem is it seems the highest paying and safest majors are math/science related, and the math/science side of things are my worst/least favorite areas. The majors that interest me more tend to be some of the lowest paying/ hardest to get a job with majors.
I would love to work in music/entertainment/fashion/sports industry..that type of thing but they are all hard to break into and also really have more to do with networking and who you know than your major I guess.
I've never taken a marketing class, but marketing is something I think I would be really good at as one of my strongest features is knowing how each type of person will react to things..being able to see things from anyone's/alternative points of view basically. After reading up on it marketing doesn't seem like a very good thing to major in though.
I guess this is kind of a shot in the dark, but I thought I would post this in case there is anyone who maybe relates to my thinking/interests and has been through this before, and could give me some advice/suggestions for a major. Thanks
major in fgtry
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,539 Posts
PFranco said:
I forgot but it's not too steep. You?
uic is like 6k cuz im instate but i havent checked out any of their scholarships
community (gotta check it out again) but i think we have to pay like a couple hundred for each course cuz im trying to major in petroleum engineering... i was thinking about going to uic this year and just commuting from home or staying at one of my boys apartments (if they get one again) in the city right by UIC
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
0 Posts
90sBullsTheProphet said:
uic is like 6k cuz im instate but i havent checked out any of their scholarships
community (gotta check it out again) but i think we have to pay like a couple hundred for each course cuz im trying to major in petroleum engineering... i was thinking about going to uic this year and just commuting from home or staying at one of my boys apartments (if they get one again) in the city right by UIC
Nah, save as much money as you can and take core classes at your community college then transfer.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,277 Posts
finance then I-Banking
Make 100k straight out of college

move onto other ventures after 2 years
Hedge Fund, Partner, Private Equity, Start your own company
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16,539 Posts
PFranco said:
Nah, save as much money as you can and take core classes at your community college then transfer.
you right - my uncle said he would pay for cc. i was gonna get get a job/work study thing like you so i can save up my own money and show the govt that im independent so i can get the full pell grant because the full pell grant is like 5500 right? and uic tuition is like 6000 for instate so id just have to work to pay that difference after this year or if i transfer over to lafayette
 
1 - 20 of 42 Posts
Top