Kanye to The banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i haven't posted anything for awhile here cuz i've been out of town/lazy

but i've been making some tracks, and my friends say they're good, but they could be BSing me ya know?  You guys are honest haha and i love you for that!  What do you guys think of these?

https://soundcloud.com/jmat11%2Flive-and-let-die ^^^ i reworked a lot of that song (but feedback would be appreciated to make sure i redid the right things)

https://soundcloud.com/jmat11%2Fdreamer-sample
https://soundcloud.com/jmat11%2Fstoned-me-sample
this is very much appreciated!!!

·
Registered
3,611 Posts
First beat is really nice so is the third one, thought the drums were a bit weak though (only on the 3rd one, the drums on the 1st beat were dope.) but I liked the sample. Second one seemed to be pretty simple.

·
Registered
12 Posts
First beat is very dope.  Liked the drums on it especially.

Second beat, is sort of plain and plodding, but its straight.  Are you done with it?  Seems like the drums could hit harder.

Third beat won't play for me.  Hmm...

EDIT: Now, it played and its nice.  I liked that the best out of the three beats.

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Jiggy said:
First beat is really nice so is the third one, thought the drums were a bit weak though (only on the 3rd one, the drums on the 1st beat were dope.) but I liked the sample. Second one seemed to be pretty simple.
i gotcha dude.  thanks for the feedback.  drums are so simple but to get a good sound... ughhh aha most stressful thing ever sometimes

Chaval said:
All these beats are nice man
thanks man!  i appreciate it

ClericOfDeath said:
First beat is very dope.  Liked the drums on it especially.

Second beat, is sort of plain and plodding, but its straight.  Are you done with it?  Seems like the drums could hit harder.

Third beat won't play for me.  Hmm...

EDIT: Now, it played and its nice.  I liked that the best out of the three beats.
thanks!  yeah the second one is unfinished.  I have a finished one where the drums hit much harder and it sounds great.  ill upload it someday.  "stoned me" is a fun one haha thanks for checking me out

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
the first one is dope as fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk.....wasnt expecting any of that OMFG :fire: lol
2nd was pretty plain, had potential just didnt go all the way out like you did with the first...
3rd "sound soulful dont you agree?" :epic: lol but yea, this beat was nice, reminded me of the "ABC" beat...the drums could have hit harder tho

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
B-ri said:
the first one is dope as fuckkkkkkkkkkkkk.....wasnt expecting any of that OMFG :fire: lol
2nd was pretty plain, had potential just didnt go all the way out like you did with the first...
3rd "sound soulful dont you agree?" :epic: lol but yea, this beat was nice, reminded me of the "ABC" beat...the drums could have hit harder tho
thanks man!  im working on the drums right now.  I really appreciate the feedback

·
Registered
4,427 Posts
The first one is crazy! It reminds me of some old heatmakerz shit...(that dipset would rap over : D)  The only thing I dislike was the snares that came later on in the verse.

I like the second one too...I really like the synths you added to it...and since you said that one is unfinished i can't wait to hear the final version.

The third one is nice also...i think you did a little too much when you added that fx...it really didn't fit...you're really good at picking samples too

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
rayman said:
The first one is crazy! It reminds me of some old heatmakerz shit...(that dipset would rap over : D)  The only thing I dislike was the snares that came later on in the verse.

I like the second one too...I really like the synths you added to it...and since you said that one is unfinished i can't wait to hear the final version.

The third one is nice also...i think you did a little too much when you added that fx...it really didn't fit...you're really good at picking samples too
thanks man!  quick question... what fx are you talking about in the third one?  the phaser on the sample?

·
Registered
47,646 Posts
the first beat is really on some Who Gon Stop Me shit, just crazy, dope, and unexpected lol gotta listen to it again...

·
Registered
46,563 Posts
First beat was on some straight trunk-banger type shit(totally didn't expect that lol) and was dope

Second was cool but it's plain

Third beat was straight as well. Personal opinion though, that would be the only one I'd spit on. That joint got mad hit single potential

·
Registered
1,781 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
rayman said:
That sound that comes in on 1:14
oh yeah... that was supposed to be a lighter lighting stuff but i couldnt find audio of that to save my life so that was a filler haha. thanks for the help

1 - 16 of 16 Posts