Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 238 Posts

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For me, that film had all the elements to it to be one of those pretentious, hipster indy flicks with overly artistic shots and overall just a headache of lower budget film. But I have seen it like seven times over the past 9 years, and it remains one of my favorite movies. Never did I think of it as any of those things - it isn't pretentious, it isn't overly artistic, it is just a brilliant mindfuck of a movie that I highly recommend to any and everyone.

·
Registered
866 Posts
yeah man this movie is great.  not the best movie ever, by any means, but an interesting movie that really makes you think... especially if you look up meanings and theories online.  it's a mindfuck for sure!

·
Premium Member
27,373 Posts
had to watch it a couple of times in order to get what the fuck i just watched but yeah i agree phenomenal film!

·
Registered
44,262 Posts
Great movie! The ending did a number on my head, though, I probably watched it 5 times until I could understand the alternate dimension theories.

·
Registered
1,671 Posts
Its a horror movie starring Jake Gylenhal..its suppoased to suck, but its actually a very dope movie.....idk if it was because i was baked when i watched it, but the plot is crazy, and its not just straightforward like most horror movies...Jake acted great in this movie, his character and 'Frank' genuinely scared me...

i know its not really a horror movie, but it kinda creeped me out....there was something very sinister about the whole movie i swear...that rabbit costume is legit scary

any other movies like this yall would reccomend?

·
Premium Member
27,373 Posts
yeah wouldn't consider it horror but it really is a great film and probably needs multiple viewings to really get a grasp on what the fuck is going on (at least for me)

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Fuck requiem for a dream :D Watch the trailer first to see if you wanna go into that. There is no way I'll watch that one :p

Oh, and I dunno if it's just cause I watched the regular version (and not the Director's Cut) but I thought Darko was just alright. I get what happened and what he ended up doing and all that (and I know a second viewing would tie up all loose ends) but I just didn't really care for it :dno: It was OKAY to watch, but a second viewing will have to be a long time before I can watch again. Just out of interest.

I also saw it baked. Only part where I legitimately jumped/got scared was when
the house shook after the older sister came in. When the plane engine hit the house.
I jumped real quick cause I had the laptop right in front of my face :D

·
Premium Member
116,472 Posts
o hai thugy; master of making dope threads  :oblivious:

·
Premium Member
39,122 Posts
the directors cut for this is one of the worst director's cuts I have ever witnessed. Thank God somebody told Richard Kelly to edit this shit, because the theatrical version is so much better.

Donnie Darko  (Theatrical Version) 8.5/10
Director's Cut-4/10

·
Premium Member
116,472 Posts
but on a srs note.. this movie is a mindfuck. defnitely makes u to rewatch it. visuals are pretty good for an indie movie. overall, a solid 9/10. a classic..

1 - 20 of 238 Posts