Kanye to The banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so recently ive been to a couple studios recording, 1 of my friends is studying to be an audio engineer so we use the school's booth, but anyway, he ended up telling me about what makes the sound quality so good, n a lot of it was small things, most of it has to do with the programs used to master, n not the actual equipment, but to get a clean sound, the booth has to be sound proof, and the foam used in the studios cost a ton of money

i was asking him this cuz ive recently gotten a good mastering program, but ill still need to build a booth, only problem is, ill probably be moving to chicago sometime next year, so i dont want to a build a booth where im living now, since it will only be temporary

so i remember hearing something once about recording with a blanket over the singer and the mic, n that helps stop the outside noice, but i was wondering if that actually works, or is that wrong?

·
Registered
10,868 Posts
Yeah it's the acoustics of the treatment,the quality of the microphone, cables and preamp that gives you a great sound quality. The equipment does too that's why a lot of people lust over the recording equipment.

A good mastering program is a dedicated mastering software just used for mastering. Like WaveLab or AudioCube, that won't give you good sound either unless you know what you're doing. You'll need super quality processors to get the quality up

1 - 2 of 2 Posts