Kanye to The banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Banned
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's been three years since he's arrived on the scene. What is the general consensus on PND and do you think he'll meet your expectations?

I believe he's a promising artist that tends to use too many voice effects at times. If you look past that, you'll realize he's a true visionary. Having the ability to both sing and produce, the finished product is the result of his vision. It's obvious that he'll never reach the heights of his label boss but I believe we still haven't seen peak PND. That's a scary thought

·
Registered
57,566 Posts
pnd 1 & 2 were 10/10. expectations are high. come and see me is trash. hopefully that's not a sign of what's to come.
persian rug, kehlani freestyle > c&sm but it seems c&sm is being geared as a single

·
Banned
4,886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MAC THE GOAT said:
Talented producer but terrible songwriter, hopefully he will improve his lyrics on P3.
What do you not like about his songwriting? I can see some people being turned off by the repetitive hooks and the occasional bad line

·
Registered
43,387 Posts
MAC THE GOAT said:
Talented producer but terrible songwriter, hopefully he will improve his lyrics on P3.
just wrote one of the biggest hits of the year

"terrible songwriter"

try again lil boy

·
Banned
26,214 Posts
rich boi said:
What do you not like about his songwriting? I can see some people being turned off by the repetitive hooks and the occasional bad line
I feel like the way he tackles his subject matter is sometimes corny and cliché. For example Sex On The Beach has a great beat but his lyrics are very lackluster imo.

"Girl you so sexy
Everybody should see your body"

or the chorus rhyming "sex in the ocean, on the beach, in the open, in the heat" is very corny and uncreative imo.

Or East Liberty with "You don't want a lazy lover, swich your mind and find another".

Although I feel the same about Come And See Me, Work is a very well written song which gives me hope that he will improve his songwriting on P3.

1 - 20 of 104 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.