Kanye to The banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Putting this in the Drake section, music section would most likely troll.

Let's not even talk about the amount of stimulus packages he's given out, but dude just recognizes talent when he sees it. 

He helped The Weeknd become a star (could reach superstar level), PND is about to blow up, and Majid Jordan is on the come up. I feel with Drake mentoring PND & Majid, they can definitely reach Weeknd level. 

Kanye has a decent eye for talent, but it feels like only Travi$ & HudMo are making moves. 

·
Registered
68,087 Posts
we'll never know if its him scouting or Oliver tbh
or possibly shebibz

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
YungGud said:
we'll never know if its him scouting or Oliver tbh
or possibly shebibz
That's true, I never thought about it.  I do think Drake really does keep his ears out though. 

·
Banned
23,266 Posts
*Oliver..as he's the one that put drake onto Abel and probably PND as well.
But yeah OVO as a whole all have a good ear
Drake was on a ton of artists before they blew up like Future, Kendrick, Rocky, Ty$ etc.
Between drake Oliver 40 and Hush they know talent.

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ochocinco said:
Drake was on a ton of artists before they blew up like Future, Kendrick, Rocky, Ty$ etc.
Yeah man, definitely should put A$AP on that list.  Rocky was big, but that tour made him into the mainstream/ got him radio play.

OVO definitely knows good music.  Wish I could say the same thing about G.O.O.D or MMG

·
Registered
54,572 Posts
Ochocinco said:

·
Banned
23,266 Posts
Sean Parker said:
Yeah man, definitely should put A$AP on that list.  Rocky was big, but that tour made him into the mainstream/ got him radio play.

OVO definitely knows good music.  Wish I could say the same thing about G.O.O.D or MMG
yep

Kanye just doesn't give af about his artists so even when he does find talent it doesn't matter. And I think Ross did a pretty good job tho..his two big guns are both relevant, if he coulda landed Wiz like he wanted to it woulda been crazy.

·
Registered
5,072 Posts
I'm slightly worried yet around that it's only Toronto talent so far.

But we gotta give it time -- like 5 years then lets talk

·
Banned
553 Posts
Sean Parker said:
Putting this in the Drake section, music section would most likely troll.

Let's not even talk about the amount of stimulus packages he's given out, but dude just recognizes talent when he sees it.

He helped The Weeknd become a star (could reach superstar level), PND is about to blow up, and Majid Jordan is on the come up. I feel with Drake mentoring PND & Majid, they can definitely reach Weeknd level.

Kanye has a decent eye for talent, but it feels like only Travi$ & HudMo are making moves.
i agree i posted how i felt about that below
http://kidfromthe6ix.wordpress.com/2014/07/26/how-drake-musically-gave-toronto-legitimacy/

1 - 19 of 19 Posts