Kanye to The banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
sound confident about this album?????????

in the past he usually sounds real confident in my opinion... this time around i don't know :dno:

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am still waiting for him to say, "this is my best work to date"

·
Registered
3,392 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I mean he almost gave up on music... I am not hearing the confidence I am used to from him, album seems feature heavy from other artists and producers... 808s singing was much more confident than runaway singing.. i dunno  :ohno:

·
Premium Member
12,275 Posts
Well he's said stuff like "I don't think I've released my greatest work yet" and I think when he talks about the album tracks he sounds very confident. And he said on Ustream that this album may be that 'master work' he's been working towards

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
I think, though he is still very egotistical, he is shunning away from making outright blatant statements about how good the album is. He is so concerned with his art movement and legacy, i.e. saying the weird tree analogy about himself and how he feels like he needs to fill the gap left by Michael Jackson...those are certainly telling, but they are a little more, errr, twisted than just saying "Oh yeah, this will be the greatest album ever."...and those awkward, bizarre statements seem to go along with the theme of the album - dark, twisted, artsy. I also think he wants the tracks to speak for themselves. Wake Up Mr. West is right, Power and Runaway are cocky. He is a self-declared egotistical perfectionist. And maybe he wants to be hush on blowing up the album too much just so people get their minds fully blown when it does come out.

·
Registered
7,618 Posts
But there isn't a doubt in my mind this album will remind the world, once again, why Ye is the best working artist today. And I don't mean one of the best, I mean the best.

·
Registered
2,310 Posts
The Big Lebowski said:
But there isn't a doubt in my mind this album will remind the world, once again, why Ye is the best working artist today. And I don't mean one of the best, I mean the best.
messiah

1 - 18 of 18 Posts