Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Premium Member
232,799 Posts
2012 said:
no, fuck a review. if I like an album, i  like an album. i dont care what other people think
It's not about basing your opinion off the reviews, I just read them to get a different perspective about the album by somebody who listens and reviews music for a living. It's interesting to me.

·
Registered
30,646 Posts
The Man said:
It's not about basing your opinion off the reviews, I just read them to get a different perspective about the album by somebody who listens and reviews music for a living. It's interesting to me.
yeah it can be interesting to see what other people think

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
2012 said:
no, fuck a review. if I like an album, i  like an album. i dont care what other people think
If that was true you wouldn't be here.

Are we having this thread every week now? Pitchfork are popular because they made a name for themselves with a certain style and they recommend a specific kind of music which, at the moment, is the most popular style of music in the west among music-heads. For this reason, a lot of people value the opinion of the site. It's no different to a lot of people finding value in the opinions of somebody on here and asking them what they think of an album or artist. Oh, but some of you don't do that, because you're too individual right? Fuck an opinion, I'm soooooo singular that I decide what is good myself! This usually translates as the person or publication in question slagged off something I like, so now I 'hate' them. Most on here express themselves with too little a convincing degree of knowledge for it to be believable that they blaze their own trail.

This year I've been moving away from the music Pitchfork deals in, but it disappoints me to see this sort of attitude. Before most of you had the opportunity to sign up here, Pitchfork was a valuable resource for people looking to get into music. It gave a lot of people a lot of good times and memories by recommending them music. As such, I suggest you back off if you dislike it.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Well if the criticism is focused on their recent hip hop reviews, then yeah, I dislike them too and wouldn't expect half you motherfuckers to appreciate what the site has done in its time. Maybe you could try to or something though?

·
Registered
4,462 Posts
Porcelina said:
People do cherry-pick their arguments on Pitchfork among other things.
I know... but still...
I remember when a lot of people said "pitchfork gave mbdtf a 10!!" all excited and shit...

1 - 20 of 88 Posts