Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've had it on car speakers, laptop speakers and in Bose headphones and I'm a big fan of the way the sample is flipped and the song... but it just sounds unmixed or not mastered to me... which is the same sound issue I had with 'Power' when it was first released... thoughts?

·
Registered
133 Posts
def sounds like it is not done to me

i've listened on many modes also and it sounds like shit on them all ... at first i didn't like the song, but after listening a few more times i realize how bad the mix is

i hope this is not the final version because if so i know guys in my college classes that are better producers than whoever put this shit together

fuck them and fuck their bullshit

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
hopingforthebest said:
def sounds like it is not done to me

i've listened on many modes also and it sounds like shit on them all ... at first i didn't like the song, but after listening a few more times i realize how bad the mix is

i hope this is not the final version because if so i know guys in my college classes that are better producers than whoever put this shit together

fuck them and fuck their bullshit
the mix is bad?
are we listening to the same song?
what in the world are they supposed to be mixing?

There's hardly anything going on that's not sampled, the additional percussion blends right into the sample.
And that's the whole song. They could have had a beat that overshadowed this amazing sample, but... that would totally defeat the point.

there will be small changes on the album, there usually are with Kanye's songs... but they made a song they wanted to make, it had nothing to do with production quality, mixing, or mastering. If you're an audiophile annoyed with how compressed it sounds, just rip it from a CD when it comes out.

1 - 20 of 78 Posts