Kanye to The banner

1 - 20 of 66 Posts

·
Registered
26,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I feel like the more I listen to it, the more little things I catch and the more I begin to understand the effect it's having on hip hop.

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
I do think it was a challenging album to make. You can already see the impact on the music released post MBDTF. Just look at Section 80 clearly inspired by MBDTF.

·
Registered
26,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Merix said:
I do think it was a challenging album to make. You can already see the impact on the music released post MBDTF. Just look at Section 80 clearly inspired by MBDTF.
exactly what I mean, you can clearly hear it in a lot of the hip hop coming out

·
Premium Member
47,257 Posts
There's a reason C4 keeps getting pushed back.

Rappers have to at least try and top MBDTF. No one can put out mediocre shit anymore.

·
Registered
20,113 Posts
This album has marked a new era of Hip Hop and in the next few years we will see the effect. Some people just don't wan't to accept it yet.

·
Registered
26,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
JLeVRT said:
Like what?
Hell of a Life for example is Ye's attempt to try and blend his desires (most of which are considered unholy) with his Christian upbringing... which inside he feels won't happen and gives up (Lost In The World) and chooses both sides. That's basically what the album was about really... looking beyond what we see with our eyes and what we think we understand about the world.

·
Registered
26,385 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm about ready to do a full breakdown and write up of an album.. it's truly fascinating and very deep.

EDIT - and before people go "oh you read too much into things" this is a man who himself stated that, for example, in the Runaway movie he purposely used colors and other methods to expand upon deeper imagery that's within the messages... so best believe he puts more thought into what he does than just basic ABCs.

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
mrcornelius said:
Hell of a Life for example is Ye's attempt to try and blend his desires (most of which are considered unholy) with his Christian upbringing... which inside he feels won't happen and gives up (Lost In The World) and chooses both sides. That's basically what the album was about really... looking beyond what we see with our eyes and what we think we understand about the world.
tl;dr :work:

Naw, im jk. That's a good point, actually. No WONDER the album got such high ratings

·
Registered
24,536 Posts
mrcornelius said:
I'm about ready to do a full breakdown and write up of an album.. it's truly fascinating and very deep.
FINALLY! I've been waiting for an in depth review! :h5: Tell me when it's up :slick:

·
Registered
22,866 Posts
Yes, the album definitely challenged creativity in hip hop. Hopefully, we've entered a new stage in the hip hop where artists are worried about putting sub par music out. C4 keeps getting pushed back, Section.80 was obviously inspired by MBDTF as well.

1 - 20 of 66 Posts