Kanye to The banner

Do you think it's ok for a parent to spank their child?

2K views 153 replies 39 participants last post by  Dark-Zero 
#1 ·
Im asking because i was on vacation at my sister's house for a week and she would spank her kids for every little thing they did wrong. It was sad but i couldn't do anything about it. I think its wrong for any parent to beat their kids and I vow to never do this when i have kids after what i saw this week. Whats your thoughts on giving kids spankings? Do you think it's ok?

#14 ·
Spythe said:
Gonna call bullshit, I find it hard to believe the 10-13% black population and the 10-15% Mexican population spanks more than the majority in this country
As a percentage of their race they do. Obviously not as a percentage of the entire population.

#15 ·
Whatever you do, just don't use time-out as your punishment of choice.

#19 ·
Mannykins said:
Lmao it doesn't usually work that well anyways.
Yeah, if you put your kids in timeout they're never going to respect you. I heard using timeout is a sign of laziness as a parent.

#24 ·
Spythe said:
Gonna call bullshit, I find it hard to believe the 10-13% black population and the 10-15% Mexican population spanks more than the majority in this country
Creative Destruction said:
As a percentage of their race they do. Obviously not as a percentage of the entire population.
Plus, according to "Externalizing Behavior Problems and Discipline Revisited: Nonlinear Effects and Variation by Culture, Context and Gende" by Psychological Inquiry, "Black families are more in favor of it on average than white ones."

According to "Beating the Devil Out of Them: Corporal Punishment in American Families", "Middle-class parents tend to administer corporal punishment in greater numbers than their counterparts above them on the socioeconomic scale; however, lower-class parents tend to do so with greater frequency." And we all know that minorities make up a large chunk of the lower class.

#26 ·
That's what's wrong with these next generation of children tbh I got spanked and I learned from it. I've only had 3 good whoopings in my life and that's all it took me for to be set for life cause if not I knew consequences were there. I'm not saying kids need to be beat but all children need to have a few nice good spankings

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.