Kanye to The banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I definitely have him on my top 5. Sure he has those soft radio playing songs about girls, but he also has street songs on his albums to. I don't know why people arent talking about him as much. Every album he put out has been solid. Great punchline artist and great lyrically.

·
Registered
18,234 Posts
iStussyKid24 said:
I definitely have him on my top 5. Sure he has those soft radio playing songs about girls, but he also has street songs on his albums to. I don't know why people arent talking about him as much. Every album he put out has been solid. Great punchline artist and great lyrically.
Fab in the top 5?

·
Registered
3,369 Posts
I've never heard a song from Fab that made me go "wow, this dude is good". Not saying he isn't talented, I just don't see the hype.

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
Jasper Wolf said:
I've never heard a song from Fab that made me go "wow, this dude is good". Not saying he isn't talented, I just don't see the hype.
i agree

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The Abstract said:
He is a good punchline/mixtape rapper. Can't seem to make an album :kanyeshrug:
Wtf u mean he cant make a good album? 2 platinum & 2 gold out of 5 albums is good from a selling point. Of course his mixtapes may be better lyrically, but lyrically better doesnt always sell more. He'd sell half as much if his mixtapes were albums and vice versa.
My top 5 are , Kanye, J Cole, Fabolous, Los & Big Sean... Idgaf what you guys have to say because its MY top 5. Not yours

·
Registered
18,807 Posts
He's an above avg punchline rapper; that can't make an album. The closest punchline rappers have every gotten to making a complete/classic album are The Sound of Revenge and Tha Carter II. Sales don't mean anything. Resurrection is a top 20 rap album and sold 2k first week.

Only reason Fab stays relevant is above avg guest verses and R&B features.  Also because he starting rapping in 1998.

Fab has no album above a 4, yet has a classic mixtape. Same w/ every punchline rapper that isn't Lil Wayne. The Mixtape Messiah, Mood Muzik 2, There is No Competition 2, and The Champ is Here.

However,
Breathe>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
6,381 Posts
iStussyKid24 said:
Wtf u mean he cant make a good album? 2 platinum & 2 gold out of 5 albums is good from a selling point. Of course his mixtapes may be better lyrically, but lyrically better doesnt always sell more. He'd sell half as much if his mixtapes were albums and vice versa.
My top 5 are , Kanye, J Cole, Fabolous, Los & Big Sean... Idgaf what you guys have to say because its MY top 5. Not yours
Show me his classic album that puts him in the top five :work:

(and I don't care who your top five are you asked for opinions on Fab and I gave you mine)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
The Abstract said:
Show me his classic album that puts him in the top five :work:

(and I don't care who your top five are you asked for opinions on Fab and I gave you mine)
Ghetto Fabolous, but your way off topic. This is Fabolous being underrated. Not why he's top 5.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.