Registered
1,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i mentioned this a few years back on KL

kanye is by no means the best rapper IMO
and in no means is the best producer IMO

but he IS the best ARTIST

:dno: :dno:

there are plenty better lyracists and producers like timbo and rza. but he combines the two the best hands down.

:yay: :yay:.... :eek:

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
He is most definitely not the best rapper. He's an average lyricist that turned to a pop star. As a producer... maybe

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
B. John said:
He's definitely the best combination of the two professions.
I think DJ Premier is a better producer than him and think lil wayne and jay-z are better rappers but no one has ever and will never have such a huge impact on hip-hop doing rapping and producing.

Well besides him and eminem but kanye is more classy.  :twisted:

·
Registered
11,716 Posts
no stan shit, i really think Kanye is the greatest Hip Hop artist ever.

he's changed the way of hip hop so much.

his stuff isn't pure hip hop like some of the other legends
it's way more than that.

CD, he perfects and kills the samples and school spirit sound and it's incredible
LR, he does all orchestra, that's fucking insane for hip hop to combine such beautiful music with hip hop drums and rapping.
Graduation, the combination of synths and samples was amazing, not as revolutionary but definitely a different and original sound
808's, is a ONE OF A KIND album. Drake can try and steal his swag but he can't beat kanye with that experimental sound. the raw emotion combined with 808's drums and autotunes is just beautiful.

i don't care what anyone says. Kanye West is one of a kind and should be considered of the of the best to ever do it.
i think he's miles ahead of everyone else but that's my opinion

·
Registered
11,716 Posts
Mr. Oux said:
I think DJ Premier is a better producer than him and think lil wayne and jay-z are better rappers but no one has ever and will never have such a huge impact on hip-hop doing rapping and producing.

Well besides him and eminem but kanye is more classy.  :twisted:
DJ Premier is good and all but he had ONE SOUND. we all know that sound

kanye perfected 4 sounds.

·
Registered
15,589 Posts
best producer : yes
best rapper : no... eminem already got that spot

·
Registered
796 Posts
IamTodders said:
no stan shit, i really think Kanye is the greatest Hip Hop artist ever.

he's changed the way of hip hop so much.

his stuff isn't pure hip hop like some of the other legends
it's way more than that.

CD, he perfects and kills the samples and school spirit sound and it's incredible
LR, he does all orchestra, that's fucking insane for hip hop to combine such beautiful music with hip hop drums and rapping.
Graduation, the combination of synths and samples was amazing, not as revolutionary but definitely a different and original sound
808's, is a ONE OF A KIND album. Drake can try and steal his swag but he can't beat kanye with that experimental sound. the raw emotion combined with 808's drums and autotunes is just beautiful.

i don't care what anyone says. Kanye West is one of a kind and should be considered of the of the best to ever do it.
i think he's miles ahead of everyone else but that's my opinion
amazing way to look at it... what do you think MBDTF will sound like?

·
Registered
543 Posts
Mr. Oux said:
IMO
DJ Premier best producer alive.
Kanye best musician alive
Do you listen to anything other than rap? Kanye is great at what he does, but saying he's the best musician alive is being completely oblivious to other genres.

·
Registered
300 Posts
I guess he isnt the best technical rapper, but he's up there, an he's the easily the most interesting.
As far as production goes, I'd argue that he's the best right now.

Put the two together and nobody is rly on his level.

1 - 20 of 102 Posts